Lesson Learned !!!!!

sunbrookgal

Ok, 13 days, 9 sea what I learned of Viking Ocean can be summed up in one word. Yes One word. Look, Prior to sailing on the Sky I totally enjoyed reading about the Viking experience thru this forum If I learned one thing while onboard it was to Ask. When you do not know or see what you want, just ask.

Lesson: On day one in the world cafe I was wanting a plate of pasta with pesto sauce. Ok, no pasta no pesto to be seen. As I stood there a cook asked me what I'd like . I asked him if they had that pesto pasta. Ok, he first said no however then followed up with a Q: would I like some?

Well, about 10 minutes later he walked out a plate with that wonderful pesto pasta to our table.

So the rest of the journey was a snap. When in doubt I ask. If there is a solution the crew got it for me. If not they would offer up alternatives. Not once did I feel like I was imposing. We are sold.

Ok, 13 days, 9 sea what I learned of Viking Ocean can be summed up in one word. Yes One word. Look, Prior to sailing on the Sky I totally enjoyed reading about the Viking experience thru this forum If I learned one thing while onboard it was to Ask. When you do not know or see what you want, just ask.

Lesson: On day one in the world cafe I was wanting a plate of pasta with pesto sauce. Ok, no pasta no pesto to be seen. As I stood there a cook asked me what I'd like . I asked him if they had that pesto pasta. Ok, he first said no however then followed up with a Q: would I like some?

Well, about 10 minutes later he walked out a plate with that wonderful pesto pasta to our table.

So the rest of the journey was a snap. When in doubt I ask. If there is a solution the crew got it for me. If not they would offer up alternatives. Not once did I feel like I was imposing. We are sold.

Bell peppers and garlic do me in. The buffet staff (especially the dining room managers) are always very helpful when I start asking if a particular item on the line is okay for me to eat.

I have to second this!

Last Fall, on the Sky, there was fried shrimp on the menu in the Cafe. The tray was empty, so I went back at least 6 times to see if it was refilled.

The chef noticed my dismay and asked what was wrong. I told him I REALLY enjoy fried shrimp.

Ten minutes later he came over to my table with a bowl of freshly prepared fried shrimp, about 10 minutes before the Cafe was to close!

They do go " above and beyond" and deserve to be recognized for it. (I told the customer folks about the service and wrote him up in a special recognition form.)

Geez, I wish there was a “Like “ button!

Maybe we should adopt (y) as our de facto like button!

It is hiding in the list of all 36 smilies but can be produced simply by typing ( y ) without the spaces Make a thumbs down by using n instead of y between the parens.

LOVE their pesto with pasta. As well as grilled chicken added if you want. They offered this on our very first day. So darned good. On a sea day I was hoping for this again and like you, was asked what I would like. Same exact thing happened. I think I enjoyed their pesto with grilled chicken at least five times during that almost month.

And made sure I took the extra laps on the promenade deck on those sea days!

You just cannot beat the Viking crew. Thank you sunbrookgal for bring that memory to the surface!

When I was on the Viking Star in January , when we departed Barcelona I told one of the bartenders how much I enjoyed the sangria in town, she asked if I would like some, I said sure and she made me a few delicious glasses of her own creation . It wasn't on the menu but the bartenders will make you any drink you like if you ask.