Photos From San Francisco

Keith1010

We used to live in the Bay Area and love to return to San Francisco for a pre or post cruise or even a transit with an overnight in the city or a day visit.

The city is very easy to tour on your own on foot and also with public transportation.

Keith

From where we stay we take other walks.

This includes walking through Chinatown.

​From there we often head towards Fisherman's Wharf passing the Old Cannery Factory and Ghirardelli Square.

We have a restaurant that we enjoy. It is Scoma's. For us it brings back memories as I went there on business years ago. Then when we moved to the area we would take the family there and on most of our return trips we try to have a dinner or lunch there.

From Pier 39 we often walk to the Embarcadero passing by the various piers including the two piers used for passenger ships and other piers that are used for boat trips to places including Alcatraz and Sausalito. We might make a stop at the Ferry Building which is home to lots of restaurants and stores as I mentioned earlier.

Sometimes we make the loop and head over to Union Square which has lots of shopping and restaurants.

There are other routes that we can take from Fisherman's Wharf that I will mention later.

On prior visits we have taken gone out to Alcatraz on three occasions. I highly recommend purchasing the tickets on line and well before the day your visit. If you wait to purchase them on the day you arrive often it is all sold out.

And you can't swim over there.

3625244_orig.jpg