How to post pictures.

If you are using the CC iOS app, e-mail yourself the full resolution photo taken with your iPhone using the smallest resolution possible (under 200MB) and save it again in iPhone Photos. Then select the "add photo" icon in CC app "reply" or "new post" and insert the smaller resolution image(s) from "Photos."

After trying a couple of other sites and getting frustrated with the sign-ups, etc. I found TinyPic.com (actually on another CC post on this topic) - no sign-up necessary to use, very simple. You just 'browse' to find what you want to upload, resize to 'message board' size, then upload. Once that's done, just click on the "IMG" address & copy, then paste into your CC message. When you post you will just see the URL address, but if you do a post "Preview" you'll see what your photo will look like in the final post.

Ā 

You can sign up for TinyPic, which I'm guessing would allow you to store photos, but I haven't done that, just uploaded several photos to try it out.

After trying a couple of other sites and getting frustrated with the sign-ups, etc. I found TinyPic.com (actually on another CC post on this topic) - no sign-up necessary to use, very simple. You just 'browse' to find what you want to upload, resize to 'message board' size, then upload. Once that's done, just click on the "IMG" address & copy, then paste into your CC message. When you post you will just see the URL address, but if you do a post "Preview" you'll see what your photo will look like in the final post.

Ā 

You can sign up for TinyPic, which I'm guessing would allow you to store photos, but I haven't done that, just uploaded several photos to try it out.

I use tinypic also. No need to sign up. Just upload and get the IMG code.

just a test...

i63.tinypic.com

Ā 

hmmm....i did something wrong...

xbwyg6_th.jpg

Ā 

wow...it worked...now if i can just remember how to do it....

Ā 

xbwyg6.jpg

Ā 

worked better that time..... :)

Thanks for the tips!!

Edited by bob brown
retry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
No. The minute I logged-on a message popped-up saying they had made changes to make customers happier and it mentioned something about being able to share your pics on other sites for free! FYI

Hm.....

Ā 

I'm sure they had a lot of flack when the made the change to requiring a paid account to post on 3rd party sites. Maybe they have a limit on how many free ones you get to do then block you unless you pay up. Don't know.

Ā 

I don't pay attention to Photobucket much, I use tinypic when I want to post photos. Which, BTW, is actually in the Photobucket family.

It would be nice if there was a simple button to press here on CC, that allow you to simply search thru your photo's in your computer and post them, without having to go thru all those extra steps... I think they offer that when uploading your avatar photo, so why not for other photo's?

It would be nice if there was a simple button to press here on CC, that allow you to simply search thru your photo's in your computer and post them, without having to go thru all those extra steps... I think they offer that when uploading your avatar photo, so why not for other photo's?

Another forum I'm on it's real easy to post photos. I can drag & drop, or copy & paste directly from my computer into my post. The only restriction is that the photo must be smaller than 1MB to do this, so re-sizing is required.

Ā 

My guess is so that they aren't having all kinds of people uploading data to their site. It keeps their costs down not to have to host the images themselves. If you're linking to photobucket, photobucket has the data burden, not CC.

• 8 months later...