311 bag question

I don't travel by air often but I know all about the 311 bag rules so my question is about the bag itself. I am decanting my products and bought one of the "TSA approved" zipper top, clear bags. I checked it against a quart size zip bag and they hold the same amount. Has anyone had trouble with these bags at security? I am going to take a ziplock just in case however I like the fact that this is sturdier than the ziplock. I have an 6:30 am flight so I want everything to be smooth.

Thanks!!

I don't travel by air often but I know all about the 311 bag rules so my question is about the bag itself. I am decanting my products and bought one of the "TSA approved" zipper top, clear bags. I checked it against a quart size zip bag and they hold the same amount. Has anyone had trouble with these bags at security? I am going to take a ziplock just in case however I like the fact that this is sturdier than the ziplock. I have an 6:30 am flight so I want everything to be smooth.

Tqhanks!!

We have these, from Amazon, for years since they instituted the rules. We have been on about 50 flights both in and out of the US without any problems.

bought one of the "TSA approved" zipper top, clear bags. I checked it against a quart size zip bag and they hold the same amount.

As long as it's the same size as or smaller than the allowable quart size, you'll be fine. Problems are when you try to use larger bags. I'm cheap and just use a ziploc but I've known plenty of people who've used heavier "tsa approved" clear bags - assuming you mean something like this? https://smile.amazon.com/Toiletry-Airport-Airline-Compliant-Backpack/dp/B076D78V8J/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1522084161&sr=8-11&keywords=tsa+approved+toiletry+bag

Wording on the TSA site only says "1 quart size resealable bag"

I use "freezer" zip-locs" ....they are sturdier than a regular storage bag.

I rarely need to "de-cant" anything....most cosmetics are well under the 3.4 oz limit....bigger items, like lotion or shampoo, deodorant, etc...simply goes in the checked luggage. I only carry-on makeup and such.