Which flight

Canadianmama3

We are looking at taking a cruise with several family members this summer that leaves out of Miami. I can’t decide from 2 different options for flight home.

There is a flight out of Miami at 12pm or one out of Fort Lauderdale at 1:45pm. Both are the same price.

There is one at 3:30 out of Miami but that would cost $90 more per person.

We want to make sure we get to the airport in plenty of time, not be too rushed and not have to do self assist as some of people traveling with us are older.

Would the 12 be ok? I’ve never cruised or flown out of Miami so I don’t know the distance, how busy it is etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

CruiserBruce has it right. Noon will work from Miami Airport and to me preferable over Fort Lauderdale given that you are sailing from Miami.

On a related note I hope you plan to arrive one or more days prior to the cruise. I would not fly in the day of the cruise as too many things can go wrong.

Keith

Taxi, including large minivan/SUV taxis, from POM to MIA is a flat rate fare (ignore the meter) of $27+tip. The noon flight from MIA will be easy and with comparable prices/flights I would always choose MIA over FLL.

CruiserBruce has it right. Noon will work from Miami Airport and to me preferable over Fort Lauderdale given that you are sailing from Miami.

On a related note I hope you plan to arrive one or more days prior to the cruise. I would not fly in the day of the cruise as too many things can go wrong.

Keith

Don’t worry we plan on arriving the day before. I always do that. Can’t imagine the stress if the flight was delayed

Taxi, including large minivan/SUV taxis, from POM to MIA is a flat rate fare (ignore the meter) of $27+tip. The noon flight from MIA will be easy and with comparable prices/flights I would always choose MIA over FLL.

That is great to know that it is a flat rate. I was worried about the meter ticking if we sat in traffic.

Don’t worry we plan on arriving the day before. I always do that. Can’t imagine the stress if the flight was delayed

Glad you are doing this.

It wouldn't be my worry. ;p Just trying to help.

I can't tell you how many people think they can fly in the day of a cruise and not think it might be a problem. If I can help some to avoid making a mistake I like to try and do that for their good.

Keith

We are looking at taking a cruise with several family members this summer that leaves out of Miami. I can’t decide from 2 different options for flight home.

There is a flight out of Miami at 12pm or one out of Fort Lauderdale at 1:45pm. Both are the same price.

There is one at 3:30 out of Miami but that would cost $90 more per person.

We want to make sure we get to the airport in plenty of time, not be too rushed and not have to do self assist as some of people traveling with us are older.

Would the 12 be ok? I’ve never cruised or flown out of Miami so I don’t know the distance, how busy it is etc.

We cruise out of Miami all the time, and always take a 12 noon flight, with no issues. We don't rush off the ship either. You could also make the 1:45 out of FLL, but why bother if they're the same price?