Obstructed view cabins

TXRed

We are book on the Celebrity Soltice to Alaska in mid May 2019. We are booked in an obstructed view cabin...I was told the only obstruction would be looking at the water straight down from the veranda...but looking straight out there was no obstruction. So who has sailing in an obstructed view and is the information I was given correct in your opinion? Thanks so much!

The Celebrity board here has a spreadsheet about cabins on the S class ships. It is located in a sticky at the top of the page. Essentially, there are two types of obstructed view verandah cabins. The 2D category is called fully obstructed because the larger lifeboats, also called tenders, are alongside the balcony and you can only see out if you stand at the railing. The top of the lifeboat will be level with the railing of the balcony. A 2C balcony is called partially obstructed because the roofs of the smaller lifeboats only come up to the floor of the balcony, so you can have a view while sitting. But there will be no view straight down. EM

The Celebrity board here has a spreadsheet about cabins on the S class ships. It is located in a sticky at the top of the page. Essentially, there are two types of obstructed view verandah cabins. The 2D category is called fully obstructed because the larger lifeboats, also called tenders, are alongside the balcony and you can only see out if you stand at the railing. The top of the lifeboat will be level with the railing of the balcony. A 2C balcony is called partially obstructed because the roofs of the smaller lifeboats only come up to the floor of the balcony, so you can have a view while sitting. But there will be no view straight down. EM

thank you..I am going to try to find the sticky you referred to. I just checked and we are in a D2

Edited by TXRed