Golden Princess - Baja deck

scottishp

Hi - does anybody have any advice or views on BD grade Balcony cabin on Baja deck which I've been offered?

icon_confused.gif I'm booking my first cruise and am confused about the different grades and what the difference room to room is for the same type of room, eg, we're looking to book a balcony room - but I'm not sure what the difference is between BD, BC, etc

What balcony room / deck would be a good one to go for on the Golden Princess?

P

Scottishp,

I hope this isn't too late. The only difference between the various categories for Balcony cabins is the location. The size and layout of the staterooms is all the same (except the handicapped rooms). However, the balconies will be different. Some are covered (Aloha Deck) Some are open so the people above can look down on you (Baja Deck) and then there is my personal favorite, which is half covered and half open (Caribe Deck). The balconies on Caribe are almost twice as big as other balcony cabins.

The cabins that are lower or mid ship tend to get less movement so if you're prone to seasickness, these might be for you.

It's also a very big ship so if you have any mobility issue, you might want to get a cabin closer to the elevators and more centrally located.

Hope this helps.

1972 - Song of Norway, Caribbean

1980 - Hawaii American Curise line, Tahiti

09/01/2002 - Veendam, Alaska

05/29/2003 - Pacific Princess, Alaska

11/26/2003 - Star Princess, Australia/New Zealand

5/28/2004 - Star Princess, Venice to Barcelona

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;05;28;21;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

11/06/2004 - Diamond Princess, Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;11;06;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Archived