URGENT HELP NEEDED: Travel with passport expiring in 5 months

Snowplum

Hi guys,

Wondering if you had successful experience of getting on the cruise with passport only valid for 5months.

I am a green card holder, with a foreign passport, but expiring in 5 months. On the webiste, it says, if you are a non-US/CA citizens, highly recommended to have a passport valid for at least 6 months. But I know I won't be able to renewl my passport in time.

Wondering how strict they are checking your passport expiration date, and documentation? Is it a real thing that I won't be able to get on the cruise?

BTW, my cruise date is Aug.5th-9th, Carnival Libety to Bahamas. Departs and Comes back to Orlando port canaveral.

I have been researching and contacting related parties, but still this area is so ambious. Wondering if you have had any succesful cases in the past. Very desperate right now. :(

Thank you,

KJ.

The 6 month validity is only for certain countries. And typically for ones where no visa is required.

Most of the Carib countries do not require it. Cuba does.

Thank you for the info. My country doesn't need a travel visa to Bahamas. Now I am hoping it will work out that day. Taking the risk.

One other point, some cruise lines require 6 month validity on your passport, and require a passport to cruise, even if the cruise is exempt until WHTI.

If that is the case, they cruise line will not let you board.