Pearl island escape day with lunch

pajazz28

Back in Internet range, lol. We had a good day on Pearl Island. The food was very good. Fried fish, crispy and fresh. BBQ chicken, moist with a tasty sauce. The cole slaw was tangy. The rice and peas is what I would call rice and black beans. It was mahogany brown, very tasty.

The beaches are small, so you wouldn't spend time laying on the sand under an umbrella. However, they have lots of water toys: kayaks, stand up paddleboards, a large beach float (think 3x the size of a one person float), and a huge donut float. We mostly relaxed in the shade in view of all the activity and drank in the gorgeous views around us. People had a lot of fun in the water. There was no crowding and I think everyone found shade. The company is clearly constructing some new shade areas or possibly bungalows on the far side of the beach.

The snorkeling add on didn't seem like much to me. After an introduction on shore, a guide threw some chum in the water and took the group out to the snorkel area. It would be good for a beginner but if you're really into snorkeling you might want to choose a focused snorkel tour.

We enjoyed ourselves so much I forgot to save time to climb the lighthouse. It was a great time for us, not crowded, lots of choice of what to do, good food.

• Thanks 1

Has anyone ever done the Pearl Island Escape Day with Lunch excursion with Royal in Nassau? Is it a nice relaxing beach day? How is the food? Any advise is welcomed, thank you.

I've done Pearl Island several times and would go back again. Found it very relaxing, food was good, staff very friendly and it's a nice boat ride over. I've posted some pictures on the thread below.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2548890

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=133163281

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

• 4 months later...