Nassau: Can we rent a cabana anywhere?

Disneygirl80

Hi all,

RCL to The Bahamas in 2 weeks. Party of 10. Looking for a place where we can rent a cabana to accommodate all of us. I've looked at the beach breaks and day passes, they all seem expensive for what they are. We are fine with a public beach if we can have chairs/umbrella or a cabana. Does such a thing exist or am I looking for a unicorn?

Thanks!

I only know of very expensive options like Atlantis. I know Tiki Bikini Hut does chairs and what not but not sure about cabanas. You may also want to look at the British Colonial Hilton but not sure they have the full cabanas you may be looking for.

It might be hard to get day passes for a party of 10. Most resorts limit the number they sell. Have you looked at Blue Lagoon? It's a private island you can only get to by ferry so you'd need to make sure the ferry times work with your time in port.

http://www.dolphinencounters.com/blue-lagoon-island/island-beach-day/

Another option is Cabbage Beach. It's public and you can rent chairs and umbrellas. Just be aware that there are no restaurants or bathroom facilities. The beach is gorgeous but it works better if you're only planning to stay for a couple of hours.

Junkanoo beach has chairs and umbrellas for rent and a 15-20 minutes walk from cruise port or a quick cab ride. They have a restaurant and bath facilities. There is also a mcD’s very close. There were a couple of large groups when we were there and they would have about three or four umbrellas side by side which created huge shade