Amber Cove, Grand Turk, Half Moon, Nassau stops

Stimulate

First time poster, longtime browser. This is my second cruise and my girlfriends fifth.

We are heading out Nov 4th with Carnival, and I am looking for some additional opinions on which stops are the best for activities we have been looking at.

So far from the research we have done we are looking at:

Amber Cove: Doing the waterfall jump/slide excursion. Want to do all 27, but can settle for 12.

Half Moon: Research indicates is a major beach day. Amazing sand but not much on snorkel side. Possible kayak in lagoon and we both love to parasail.

Grand Turk: We want to do some kind of full day snorkel here hitting multiple spots. Any advice on a specific excursion? Not padi certified divers, but can snorkel with the best of um. I don't want to watch the captain dive for conch when i've done it myself in Key west.

Nassau: Not sure yet, very open to ideas. Would love to do something snorkel/swimming related if possible.

I want to do a shark dive somewhere, but the female is entirely against it so it may not be this cruise. Definitely on my bucket list though.

I would love to hear any opinions on excursions on those stops if you have been previously or any information will be greatly helpful in planning this Nov getaway.

In Grand Turk we did a 3 hour snorkel excursion with Chukka Caribbean Adventures (ship excursion) Good crew and easy boat to get back up into after snorkeling. It was a short port day unfortunately for us.

Half Moon Cay-we use our own snorkel gear there and find the resident octopus but not a lot of other stuff to see. Beautiful relaxing beach. We also did the swim with the stingrays which was a different feeling having them swim all around you and under you.

94a9869cb5165b5899a2853d822916a8.jpg

43bd7728ec1bac91475ecc09409534b5.jpg

If you just want to snorkel off shore, just go to Grand Turk beach next to the ship. Lots of colorful fish. Not a lot of variety and no real coral, but still fun. Look for the anchor and in another spot the anchor chain. At Half Moon Cay, swim along the rock wall near the large cabana. Go when the tide is in. I saw octopus and lion fish among others.

• 2 weeks later...

Few years ago we did a tour at Grand Turks. Unfortunately I do not remember which one I did. The highlight of here is that the water is absolutely amazingly clear. We first went to the area they call the wall. You swim in area 15-20 foot deep then all of a sudden you reach the end of the cliff and it goes straight down to over 7000 ft. Pitch Black. Amazing. Then we got back on the boat and went to this other area nearby and snorkeled in an area that had 2 nurse sharks that swim near this wreck and were use to human contact. Really cool.