Greek Island Cruise !!!!

Queensland Girl

Has anyone done a 4 /5 night cruise around the Greek Islands??? If so, would appreciate any information about Islands and what to do while on them - e.g. what shore excursions or did you do them yourself. We are doing a Louis Hellenic Cruise on 30th July.:) :) :)

I have done the 3day about a month ago.

Visited Myconos, Kusadasi (ephesus), Patmos, Heraklion and Santorini.

You shouldn't miss the Ephesus tour, it's marvelous.

Myconos you can do on your own.

If you're interested in the Apocalypse and religious staff you should visit the Grotto of the Apocalypse and the Monastery in Patmos. Patmos is a "quiet" island.

You will be visiting Rhodes as well. A big island with an old town dated to the period of the "knites". I don't know the excursions offered there, but if you have time, you can find many stores to shop :) and walk the streets of the old town.

Heraklion has the Knossos site. It's really interesting. I didn't go though, as I was there a year ago. Santorini you can sit in Fira, have a drink and enjoy the breathtaking view.

You won't have much time in the ship, but it will be pleasant with decent food.

Which ship are you on? Cristal or Orient Queen?

I'm not sure which ship - I was told Perla, but when I look up WebSite it appears to be doing 7 day cruises. I booked our trip with a Greek Travel Agent in Athens over the Net, so I am a little confused. - Someone is meeting us at the airport with our travel documents. We are staying 4 nights at Royal Olympic Hotel and then doing the 4 night cruise. !!!!!!!!! We have booked a tour to Delphi, 1/2 day tour to Sounion, and the 3 island boat cruise. Maybe you can tell us more, since I notice you are from Greece. Thanks

Don't worry.

Chances are that you will be in the Orient Queen or Cristal.

Delphi is very nice, I think that you're going to like it.

Don't miss the Acropolis. I suggest that you go there either early or in the afternoon as white marble and sun isn't a good combination.

Sounion is a nice temple and it's in a very nice region, but there's nothing else except a cafeteria there, so don't expect much.

As for your hotel, I've never been in it, but i pass by it every day :)

It's position is good, the tram has a stop just outside.

Has anyone done a 4 /5 night cruise around the Greek Islands??? If so, would appreciate any information about Islands and what to do while on them - e.g. what shore excursions or did you do them yourself. We are doing a Louis Hellenic Cruise on 30th July.:) :) :)

Just recently got back from a 3-day cruise on Louis, which includes some, but not all, of your ports of call. Ordinarily I HATE wandering around with tour guides, preferring to see things on my own... but we took all the excursions and they were terrific!

Mykonos had no excursion, which is fine, you can see it on your own.

At Rhodos, where we docked for a full day, we took the Lindos/Rhodos Old Town combined tour. First you stop in the Old Town and see the remains of the Knights' era; then you drive to Lindos--which you certainly can't walk to on your own!--and climb up to the Acropolis (AWESOME VIEW!!!); then you have the afternoon in Old Town on your own. Having already gotten a bit of a "feel" for Old Town from the first part of the excursion, we were pretty well orientated and knew roughly what we wanted to do. If you shop, do it here--prices are best!

On Patmos, we did the Grotto of St. John and the Monastery. Again, you can't walk to these places on your own. The guide here, as on Rhodos, was EXCELLENT, and you have time at the end to walk around on your own too.

At Ephesus, do both the House of the Virgin Mary AND Ancient Ephesus. Once again, not within walking distance! Our guide here was particularly good.

You're going to have a great time! When you get back, tell us how it went! :)

Archived