Shore Excursion Using ATV's

Crusue

I will be sailing the Caribbean on The Wind the end of March. We have booked an ATV Shore excursion in Samana.

I am wondering if anyone has done this tour before, and if so, are the seats on the vehicles side by side or tandem?

Thanks!:)

Have never done an ATV excursion in Samana but typically the ATV vehicles used for most shore excursions I have been on are four seat vehicles with two seats in the front and two behind. The guide/driver normally occupies the front left seat leaving three for the passengers. Watch your head in the back seats especially if you are using a camera. Really nailed my head one the sand dunes in Natal, Brazil on the roll-bar because I was concentrating more on taking pictures than personal safety. It was fun but it did hurt a wee bit!! No serious damage though.

Have Fun.

I will be sailing the Caribbean on The Wind the end of March. We have booked an ATV Shore excursion in Samana.

I am wondering if anyone has done this tour before, and if so, are the seats on the vehicles side by side or tandem?

Thanks!:)

Yes we just did that excursion 15 days ago. It is well run and you will have a armed guard and a video person will be filming for a CD at the end of the excursion. There are two ways to book this excursion: 1) pay the lowest fee for two of you and you will be sharing an ATV with one sitting behind the driver. There are lots of stops if you want to trade drivers.2) pay the larger fee for you to have the ATV to yourself. You will be stopping at a beach to have some drinks and also having some cigars.

So have fun...