solo male caribbean cruise advice

mcwilcr

"]54137649[/url]"]54137649]What a group of classy women

Hey i dont mind at all. i have a good time and they do as well. Most just like having some attention, especially if you're in your 20s or 30s and they're 40+.

The only time things got weird was in Aruba last year when I ended up being on the same excursion as the woman i was with the night before along with her husband and her recently divorced twin sister.

Needless to say, the sister was just as much of a freak as she was.

Hey i dont mind at all. i have a good time and they do as well. Most just like having some attention, especially if you're in your 20s or 30s and they're 40+.

The only time things got weird was in Aruba last year when I ended up being on the same excursion as the woman i was with the night before along with her husband and her recently divorced twin sister.

Needless to say, the sister was just as much of a freak as she was.

Like I said.....

But to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
I'd also recommend NCL. I've been on The NCL Getaway and RCCL Serenade (though not the southern itinerary) and I think NCL does a better job for the solo traveler. They have s solo gathering every evening where you can meet up with other solo travelers though not all solos are single. There is a solo host that helps set up dinner reservations show and entertainment reservations. I did the western Caribbean on the Getaway and it is a great bunch of ports IMO. And you don't need to stay in a solo cabin to enjoy these solo meet ups.

The Serenade did have some solo meetings but they are unhosted so it's hit or miss if you meet anyone. I also found it to be an older crowd it could have been the itinerary it was sailing out of New Orleans then but it was the same time of year end of November.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing this! I may have to switch to NCL going forward, at least for solo cruises.

Only those booked in a Studio Cabin have 24 hour access to the Studio Lounge. While the Studio cabins have a window looking out into the passageway, the small size may make them feel claustrophobic, to some used to standard cabins.

That is one of the reasons that they added the 'living room' to the Studio concept. The Studio Lounge is a great place to hang out to meet your solo cruise mates. It has a nice, complimentary espresso machine, a wine dispensing machine, and various snacks throughout the day.

Every evening from around 5:00 until 6:00 PM, the doors are propped open, and all solo traveler's on the ship, regardless of cabin, are invited to join the cocktail party. At that time, there is a tended bar open, and a host or hostess assigned, from the cruise activities staff. Some of them are wonderful...they introduce people, get them involved in conversations, conduct games....such as trivia, or 'pictionary'....and arrange signup sheets for shore excursions or specialty restaurant dinners. At the end of the hour, those without other plans are invited to join the group for dinner in one of the main dining rooms.

So even if you are not booked in a Studio, I highly recommend attending the solo gathering.:cool:

This sounds amazing, actually. So glad I came here. You're all awesome for sharing this info! Will definitely look at NCL now.

This sounds amazing, actually. So glad I came here. You're all awesome for sharing this info! Will definitely look at NCL now.

Just keep in mind, that the Studio cabins and lounge are only on the newer, larger NCL ship's...Epic, Breakaway, Getaway, Escape, and the soon to come, Bliss.

NCL also has a similar solo gathering each evening on its other ships, in some lounge...but I haven't experienced that, so not sure how those go....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys...I also agree that NCL is the way to go. I am looking at the single studio room for the Getaway on 3/11/18 and have heard great things. Also, I have been on several NCL cruises. Although I was with family or friends, it was great for a single guy like myself. As everyone here has said, there are events for singles and the vibe on NCL made it easy for people to meet each other.

NCL also has some amazing ports like Harvest Caye (their new resort that is only a year old) and Costa Maya.

The other cruises may be good, but at least I know NCL is solid for singles. Good luck everyone!

PS - To the immediate posts above, I believe in classy.....hard to do with a a drink package though :-)

• 3 months later...

I love NCL and the studio experience. Have gone on quite a few now including now European itineraries and upcoming Baltic. I wouldn't do it if wasn't for the studio experience. And the best part is don't even need a studio just need to show up for the gatherings.