How to deal with different sleep patterns

WholeNewWorld

Good morning~ We are 19 days from starting our around the world cruise! I'm so excited-for us this is our empty nest celebration!

One thing that worries me is sleeping differences. I go to bed very early (9pm usually) and get up early as well (5am usually) My husband is completely different. This difference is no big deal at home. I close the bedroom doors and go to bed. No problem at all for DH to stay up and watch TV.

For our cruise we have a nice room (Oceania Rm 8019) but it doesn't have a way to close off the bed for me to sleep.

I do understand all the time changes, and excursions will change both of our habits-but I'd like to know if any of you have to same patterns and what you do while cruising?

We have a similar pattern, but it's my hubby who goes to bed early. I suppose I could go to a public space, but prefer to stay in the comfort of our cabin. I have my books on an iPad so I can read quietly without turning on the light. If we have a veranda, and the weather allows me to do so, I sit on the veranda (my first preference over sitting inside anyway). I'm not one to watch much TV, so that has not been an issue, but if you are a TV watcher, you might be able to bring a headset with an extension to connect to the TV (but I would check with customer service at Oceania or ask here on CC) about the ability to hook up a headset to the TV.

Because of our different sleep patterns, hubby agreed to take an eye mask to keep out any ambient light in the cabin (something like this ... https://www.amazon.com/YIVIEW-Lightweight-Comfortable-Adjustable-Contoured/dp/B06XP28RWB ... which he prefers to the flat ones).

Compromise is key ... we did it pretty well for 180 days on this year's RTW voyage.

See you on Insignia ... we are doing CPT-SIN segment.

For early risers, head to Horizon's-- you won't be alone at 5am. Sometimes the coffee machine would need a reset, and not be ready at that time, But staff is usually there by 6 to fix this and to set out juice and pastries. We would head there almost daily. It's a great place to read quietly, check your email (much faster this time of day) and watch the sunrise.