Bermuda Wedding

lailajane1

Looking for advice planning a wedding in Bermuda for 2019. We want to arrive on the island on a Royal Caribbean ship with our guests, but we don’t want to plan the wedding through the cruise line. We’d like to get married on a resort. We’re looking for any suggestions, tips, or recommendations on locations, resorts, or wedding coordinators. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You did great posting here and on the RCI Board.

One other board to also post on is the Honeymoon and Wedding Cruises Board at:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=31

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

My wife and I married on land in the USA but we honeymooned in Bermuda and it was lovely. Since then we have returned to Bermuda on several cruises.

Keith

• 1 month later...

We looked at doing something like this- ultimately decided not to- it’s a lot of pressure and everything has to go perfectly. Obviously the biggest risk is you plunk down a bunch of cash at a resort or one of the golf clubs to reserve a wedding and the ship gets diverted to the Bahamas or Canada due to a hurricane mid to late season. You have no recourse.

Ultimately we decided there were too many moving parts by looping in the ship and it was actually easier/less stressful flying people in and getting a block of rooms especially given it’s only a 2 hour flight from NY.

It sounds good on paper, and we really thought we would do it this way (albeit utilizing Veendam docked in Hamilton) but there were just too many things out of our control to make it comfortable making the advanced financial commitment at the venue. One thing goes wrong getting there and the whole thing goes up in smoke- and ships are frequently diverted on the back half of the season.

We did end up going through the cruise line and will be getting married July 2019 in Bermuda. We really enjoy cruises and wanted to go that route, but I did look into going on the cruise and booking and planning the wedding separately with independent vendors on the island. Ultimately, we decided to simply go through the cruise line... This way, if the ship’s route is diverted, it’s on the cruise line and our “onboard wedding planner” to figure out an alternative plan. So far, it’s been an easy process. We are in the midst of choosing all the details, but the location and dates are locked in and booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums