Renting a Mini Car

* Angela *

Hi, has anyone rented a mini car in Bermuda and if you did, where did you rent it from? How was the overall experience? I am curious because I'm trying to figure out the best way to get around the island but not interested in renting a scooter. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi, has anyone rented a mini car in Bermuda and if you did, where did you rent it from? How was the overall experience? I am curious because I'm trying to figure out the best way to get around the island but not interested in renting a scooter. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Currently the main rental location is the Hamilton Princess Hotel and a few other hotels rent them to their guests. I think at $99 a day. Have you booked a cruise? The rentals started rolling out last summer so you may not get much feedback now. I have read some feedback from hotel guests and their feedback was generally positive, the main complaint being large size people having some issues getting in and out of the small cars. If the roll out goes well it is expected the availability of the rentals to improve in the future to more pickup locations. As they are electric vehicles which require charging stations.....that is why they started with hotels.

I run a Facebook group for people visiting Bermuda and all the reviews have been positive. People say they are fun, easy to drive (even on the left!) and they were able to visit a lot of places in the 24 hour rental period. They are a tight fit from what I’ve heard. Basically they are little more than an enclosed scooter.

We were in Bermuda in July and saw quite a few of them.

The company that is bringing them in is called Current Vehicles. You can contact them and get rental details through their website. I believe you can rent directly from them, but you have to pick up the vehicle at the Princess hotel in Hamilton.

Many of our members come to Bermuda on cruises and that is what they have reported doing. The website is https://www.currentvehicles.com

Sent from my iPad using Forums