Pride Go Go sport Mobility scooter

Ski Mom

Hi everyone! I am looking to replace my mobility scooter and bring it on my Alaskan cruise in July. My old one is a 4 wheel so that’s what I’m comfortable with but the transmission is shot and cannot be fixed because it’s so old. I also take a bus that requires me using a lift and it will not accept 3 wheeled scooters. I am looking at the Pride go go sport model. My concern is that it’s longer and wider and has a much wider turning radius than my old scooter. Does anyone own this scooter and how do you like it. Is it difficult to navigate indoors and into bathroom stalls? The other model the go go elite traveler seemed too small and cramped so that’s why I was looking at the sport model but like I said the sport model seems so big to me I’m 5’4 and of slight built.I would like to stay with the Pride brand because I like the service that the dealer near me provides and that’s the only brand he carries.I would appreciate any feedback any users of this scooter could give me thank you!

Hi everyone! I am looking to replace my mobility scooter and bring it on my Alaskan cruise in July. My old one is a 4 wheel so that’s what I’m comfortable with but the transmission is shot and cannot be fixed because it’s so old. I also take a bus that requires me using a lift and it will not accept 3 wheeled scooters. I am looking at the Pride go go sport model. My concern is that it’s longer and wider and has a much wider turning radius than my old scooter. Does anyone own this scooter and how do you like it. Is it difficult to navigate indoors and into bathroom stalls? The other model the go go elite traveler seemed too small and cramped so that’s why I was looking at the sport model but like I said the sport model seems so big to me I’m 5’4 and of slight built.I would like to stay with the Pride brand because I like the service that the dealer near me provides and that’s the only brand he carries.I would appreciate any feedback any users of this scooter could give me thank you!

Do you currently use the scooter in your home ? If so than suggest you begin by testing one out ( even if you have to rent it for day) to see how well if works within your home.

If for use outside the home as with any mobility scooter there will be occasions that become tricky to manuver it . However for the most part you really shouldn't have problem with it. There will be slight learning curve until you get the hang of pre-judging your clearance but that's also applies to anyone buying a new car.

Do you currently use the scooter in your home ? If so than suggest you begin by testing one out ( even if you have to rent it for day) to see how well if works within your home.

If for use outside the home as with any mobility scooter there will be occasions that become tricky to manuver it . However for the most part you really shouldn't have problem with it. There will be slight learning curve until you get the hang of pre-judging your clearance but that's also applies to anyone buying a new car.

Thank you for your response

xxoocruiser. No I do not use it in my house as of yet. But I do use it three times a week to attend an aqua class at a fitness center which requires me to take a Pace bus. I was drawn to the bigger wheels on the sport model because of this. The smaller version go go sport traveler elite looks like it may give me a problem loading on the lift of the bus that I take.I think that’s a great idea to rent one in fact I was planning on renting one for my cruise so I could see how I liked it unfortunately I don’t think it safe for me to drive my old scooter and I need to purchase one ASAP. I do agree that it will be a learning curve I’m just not sure if I should go with the sport model or the smaller Go go elite traveler.

Edited by Ski Mom

Thank you for your response

xxoocruiser. No I do not use it in my house as of yet. But I do use it three times a week to attend an aqua class at a fitness center which requires me to take a Pace bus. I was drawn to the bigger wheels on the sport model because of this. The smaller version go go sport traveler elite looks like it may give me a problem loading on the lift of the bus that I take.I think that’s a great idea to rent one in fact I was planning on renting one for my cruise so I could see how I liked it unfortunately I don’t think it safe for me to drive my old scooter and I need to purchase one ASAP. I do agree that it will be a learning curve I’m just not sure if I should go with the sport model or the smaller Go go elite traveler.

Suggest you check with your local Pride dealer and see if you can rent a Sport for the day. Try it out on the Pace bus and take it to aqua class. Test driving is always the best when making such an expensive purchase.

On side note since you specifically mentioned Pace I checked to see that you're from Illinois.

Suggest you check with your local Pride dealer and see if you can rent a Sport for the day. Try it out on the Pace bus and take it to aqua class. Test driving is always the best when making such an expensive purchase.

On side note since you specifically mentioned Pace I checked to see that you're from Illinois.

Thanks that’s a good idea and yes I’m from IL which is now in an Artic freeze!:eek:

I have a Pride Sport scooter. That is my outside scooter. It has a suspension so the bumps in the sidewalk and roads aren't so bad on my back. It is great on the grass, at the fairs, zoos and amusement park. I love it. I also have a cruise, indoor scooter. I have a go go elite traveler. For Kohls, shopping malls and cruises it is much better. It fits into a standard cabin and has a much better turning radius. It does lack the power needed in the grass and is tough on the cobble stones, brick and sidewalk in a lot of the islands.

I have a Pride Sport scooter. That is my outside scooter. It has a suspension so the bumps in the sidewalk and roads aren't so bad on my back. It is great on the grass, at the fairs, zoos and amusement park. I love it. I also have a cruise, indoor scooter. I have a go go elite traveler. For Kohls, shopping malls and cruises it is much better. It fits into a standard cabin and has a much better turning radius. It does lack the power needed in the grass and is tough on the cobble stones, brick and sidewalk in a lot of the islands.

Thank you so much for the information that’s exactly the information I needed. My first impression of both of the scooters you described is just that. One is better outdoors and one is better indoors. I love the bigger wheels on the sport model but do find it frustrating navigating it indoors. I wish I could afford both but right now but I must choose between the two. I may buy the sport model and rent the go go elite on my July cruise. Thanks again for your response .