Space to park scooter in reg balcony cabin on RCCL’s Oasis class?

mlbcruiser

Thanks Wyknott . I was actually the OP on that thread, LOL! hope it was of interest to others who will be using scooters. Perhaps some will see it via the link you have posted.

Haha! Yeah, I really should pay more attention, huh?

You are very welcome, RachelBelle. I lurked for some time before I ever posted. Same thing looking at my first role call which led to some nice friendships once I finally posted. That was years ago. Your info is giving me confidence this will all work out. I’m having to talk my husband into the scooter. We will be spending a day and night in Las Vegas before going to our son’s in Phoenix soon. I plan To have him use a scooter in LV which we can get through our hotel. As often seen with regard to those needing scooters, he can walk A pretty good distance sometimes. However some days his stamina isn’t as good as others. And I am not talking about cardio. I am talking about nerve signals in his leg operating properly. Balance becomes the issue. Sometimes at home he will walk a mile through our neighborhood. He must concentrate when he walks and he also is slower than a normal gait although quicker than a lot of people I see who walk with a cane or walker. Besides that, it affects me and slows us down as well. It sounds like you had your family with you and I am sure they were happy to assist with the arrangements and getting your scooter onto vehicles because no doubt it makes life easier for them when you can get around well. I can hardly even get my husband to agree to use a cane when I think it is necessary for safety reasons. I bought him one that folds up and when in unfamiliar locations or where he will be doing a lot of walking over uneven areas, I sometimes keep it folded up and in my purse with the handle protruding. He just does not want to have the bother of keeping track of it, etc.

Even though you did not advise the tour people of your scooter, were you booked only on tours that were marked accessible? We really rarely ever do ship tours and always preferred to book with independents or we take ourselves around for the most part. Even renting cars. We were planning to do that on Saint Maarten and maybe in San Juan as well ( as we have a lot of experience driving on both islands) but the hurricane damage and not knowing the status of everywhere we might want to drive changes everything.

I think you will be fine in Cozumel, depending on where you go and what you do, of course. We will be going to Labadee as well. There may be a sidewalk from the dock but I can’t remember exactly. If you look up pictures of it on Cruise Critic or tripadviser you can likely see if there are smooth sidewalks. The beach areas have loser, thicker sand but I think as you walk in further toward the restrooms and such a lot of the sand is harder packed. Hopefully the staff will be helpful there, too. I plan to ask a lot of questions about that stuff once we are on the ship.

Thanks for the helpful info Which I’m sure other people will read and be encouraged by.