List of ships with FREE steam and/or Sauna

Roger Doger

I am trying to pull together a list of ships that still offer free steam and/or sauna. Your input would be greatly appreciated. It would be much easier to look at one list rather than sort through dozens or hundreds of posts to obtain this info. There is a space there to note other features as well. This list is for both Men and Women. It is in Excel format. Please feel free to edit with your knowledge of various ships. Please date any changes you make so we can keep the list up to date. If you are not familiar how to edit the list, please just post within that thread and I will be happy to edit with your changes.

See the thread: List of ships with FREE steam and/or Sauna located within the Special Interest Cruising under Fitness, Spa & Sports cruises.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rog

You posted this question on the Fitness, Spa, and Sports board which seems appropriate. What is the particular relevance of this question to this board?

In case you are not aware, gay & lesbian cruisers like to use steam and sauna's just like everyone else. In fact, there are hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of threads within the gay and lesbian cruisers about this subject. If there were no relevance, that search would have yielded zero results. I am sure most - if not nearly all - would be welcome to this idea of being able to save hundreds of dollars vs. having to buy a spa pass (as well as info on spa passes and amenities included with the pass). As I very clearly indicated, I am trying to compile this list on one sheet within 1 list under 1 heading for both men and women instead of having to read hundreds of posts. I have also posted to a few other boards. Is there a problem with the post or are you trying to create one?

In case you are not aware, gay & lesbian cruisers like to use steam and sauna's just like everyone else.

Not trying to create a problem. I just found it odd that this was the only other board devoted to specialty cruising where you posted this and I couldn't help wonder why that is.

As you say, gay and lesbian cruisers like to use steam and saunas just like everyone else - so it's curious to me that you didn't add your post to boards devoted to families, disabled, honeymooners, military, singles, etc.

If the post wasn't made here I would never know there was a list being made. It will save a lot of searching to see what is available on different ships and different lines. Thanks RogerDoger for taking on the work of setting up an info exchange and agreeing to manually enter the info on a spreadsheet.. We don't have a Shriners. or Country and Western board or a straight board on cruise critic, but if any of my friends ask me, I will know where to tell them where they can look. And MarkieMark knows where to tell his friends or other people to look.. I looked at the large number of hits the thread has had

on the Fitness, Spa, and Sports board. I wonder how many people found out about the list being made from this board, like me and MarkieMark?

Edited by hotdog647

• 2 weeks later...

On Viking Ocean ships all the spa area is free including therapy pool, lounges, sauna, steam and snow/ice room! And the men's locker room area includes a beautiful lounge and a private dip pool just for men. Since all the six ships are the same design this goes for all the Viking Ocean ships. The price is high but it is really worth it for a splurge.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Not trying to create a problem. I just found it odd that this was the only other board devoted to specialty cruising where you posted this and I couldn't help wonder why that is.

As you say, gay and lesbian cruisers like to use steam and saunas just like everyone else - so it's curious to me that you didn't add your post to boards devoted to families, disabled, honeymooners, military, singles, etc.

Really dude? If the OP identifies as a gay man why would his inquiry be to invoke the advice/response from non-gay cruisers? As individuals we all seek information primarily from people who share our experience and our passions. That's like asking a foodie why they don't ask about favorite meal selections in a fitness or dieters section. You are definitely trying to provoke a response so lay off.

I am trying to pull together a list of ships that still offer free steam and/or sauna.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rog

Rog--

All of Celebrity's ships have saunas in their gym/spa dressing rooms that are free to all onboard. Steam room access requires paying for their thermal suite AKA Persian Garden.

SeaDream I&II provide steam and sauna for free for all, but are tiny/individual sized and they take reservations.

Happy compiling!

db