Just Married on the Carnival Magic

SKosto

They were in the stateroom waiting for us,as well as a very nice towel creation on the bed. I can post a pic of it if you'd like. Also during the cruise, and I'm not sure if this was just random luck or happens more often than not, but we got a free 8x10 and photo frame from pixels, and a fruit basket sent to our room from the hotel director.

Thanks for the pics of the reception set up. Awesome pics of the two of you as well. You are a beautiful couple.

Thank you for the kind words.

A pic would be great...thanks. Really nice gifts you received.

Wow....looks like Carnival went that extra step to make your wedding/honeymoon even more special. :)
They really did. Every crew member and many guests were constantly telling us congratulations. They group coordinator on the ship was also the hostess in our dining room and always made sure our table for 2 was next to a window and was a table for 4 most of the time. We were also given special desserts in the steakhouse and cucina. Carnvial seriously went way above and beyond anything we ever expected.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Forums mobile app

All your pictures look great! And your wife, stunning beautiful! I love her dress! Did you guys bring the cake topper & all the fish netting, shells and extra things on your guestbook table? Did you guys preorder the hanging decorations? I was thinking of doing one of the packages with that, the picture frame and the just married beach towel.

All your pictures look great! And your wife, stunning beautiful! I love her dress! Did you guys bring the cake topper & all the fish netting, shells and extra things on your guestbook table? Did you guys preorder the hanging decorations? I was thinking of doing one of the packages with that, the picture frame and the just married beach towel.

Thank you for the very kind words.

Yes we brought the cake topper, the fish net, shells, etc. I believe she bought the topper on Etsy, and the rest was from Hobby Lobby. We brought it all on board in a copy paper box.

Yes we did preorder the just married decor. I can get a picture of the towel and frame if you'd like, just let me know.

Me again!! Another question.. I know you are shocked right about now.. lol... What tier appetizers did you get? I'm super stoked that they are self serve instead of being passed.

We went with Tier 1, nothing jumped out at us in Tier 2, and the 3rd tier was just a tad too expensive. Also guests are able to enjoy all the food venues on board prior to the ceremony, so we suggested everyone grab something for lunch because the reception would only be heavy hor d'oeuvres. So ultimately, it didn't make sense to pay extra for food for such a short reception. We were also satisfied with the selections in tier 1 as well.

Most important... did you get picked for the newlywed game?

Hahaha.. We are not ones for being the center of attention, so out of fear of getting picked, we didn't even attend! When we went to dinner one night, our wait team found out about us being on our honeymoon and sang to us, and had us kiss the whole time, while also singing "boom boom boom time to go back to the room" and "thats why the ship has been rocking soo much" It was all in good fun and we didnt mind, but he also mentioned I was as red as a lobster. hahaha

These answers are great. Thanks for doing it. You 2 look great. Congratulations

Thank you very much for the kinds words, and it is my pleasure to help.

Another question! Did Carnival supply champagne flutes for you two? If yes, do you happen to have a pic of them?

Yes they provide you with a pair. They are delivered to your stateroom in a box. During the reception they have plain flutes with fruit punch in them for guests, and for our toast I think they filled one with ginger ale hahah. I have a couple pictures, but the app is acting up, so I will post them when I can.

Thank you very much for the kinds words, and it is my pleasure to help.

Yes they provide you with a pair. They are delivered to your stateroom in a box. During the reception they have plain flutes with fruit punch in them for guests, and for our toast I think they filled one with ginger ale hahah. I have a couple pictures, but the app is acting up, so I will post them when I can.

Here are the pics81ab46780019a56ec5cc38477f635c7e.jpgb4d3da51bdf0f1c0e8c3deb017ae01c7.jpg3f8b32648cefb208e411714cba07a1f5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Forums mobile app

My FH and I are looking to book our wedding with Carnival in the next few weeks, but I had a few questions.

1. Do they allow you to bring your own decorations for the ceremony? We are not too into having the reception on the cruise, because we will have less than 20 people since we want the ceremony to be just close family.

2. Does it cost extra for sailing guests to be at the ceremony?

3. When you took photos with the photographer from Carnival, did you get to choose where to have them taken, or did he choose where you would go?

4. Does Carnival offer videography for the wedding ceremony?

My FH and I are looking to book our wedding with Carnival in the next few weeks, but I had a few questions.

1. Do they allow you to bring your own decorations for the ceremony? We are not too into having the reception on the cruise, because we will have less than 20 people since we want the ceremony to be just close family.

Yes you are able to bring on what you like, but it has to be able to fit through a security scanner though.

2. Does it cost extra for sailing guests to be at the ceremony?

If you mean food wise, then yes you will have to pay extra for them. I know you said you're not keen about a reception, but I'm not exactly sure how that would work. It would be best to ask the wedding department.

3. When you took photos with the photographer from Carnival, did you get to choose where to have them taken, or did he choose where you would go?

Our photographer had some places to go shoot, but she also asked if we had any ideas or certain poses we'd like to incorporate into our shoot.

4. Does Carnival offer videography for the wedding ceremony?

Yes they do, but you need to inform them ahead of time, as they can only film one wedding a day, so you need to reserve it ahead of time. We did not chose to have this done, so I can't offer much insight into it.

Thank you so much, that was really helpful. We were originally going to do Hawaii, but are leaning more towards Bermuda or the Bahamas since it is cheaper especially for family and we will get to have the reception on the boat as well. I am glad the photographer asked of you had anywhere in mind, because the butterfly lounge on Carnival Pride is my absolute favorite and I would love pictures there.

Thank you so much, that was really helpful. We were originally going to do Hawaii, but are leaning more towards Bermuda or the Bahamas since it is cheaper especially for family and we will get to have the reception on the boat as well. I am glad the photographer asked of you had anywhere in mind, because the butterfly lounge on Carnival Pride is my absolute favorite and I would love pictures there.

You're very welcome. The venues she took us to made for some stunning photos. The steakhouse and Red Frog Pub. We would have never thought to go there, but the shots she was to get were amazing.

Yes exactly. Only silk unless you purchase through the wedding experience. We decided to purchase the live flowers, and my wife was blown away with her bouquet. She couldn't stop talking about how pretty it came out.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not going through Royal Weddings, but am doing my reception on ship (and have read from people who ARE going through them) that they send you a form and you write down songs. They will prepare it for you. You can also bring a USB on the side if you think they may not have your song. I am literally supplying 1 hour of the exact music I want.

I just noticed that carnival has a wedding registry. Did you guys create one, and if so how does it work?

We did use it, and just asked for On board credit. Only 1 person decided to use it (we were also registered at target and Bed Bath and Beyond). It worked as if someone bought us a gift from the fun shops essentially.