San Antonio Chile Bus Station to Cruise Port

rome2009

JBare or anyone else,

How easy is it to catch a taxi outside of Terminal Alameda? Taxi stand or flagged from the road? Official taxis? Do they use meters or do we negotiate a price?

Thanks for your responses.

We just walked outside of Terminal Alameda and there were taxis there. We wanted to go to our rental apartment so we asked the driver about how much it would cost. He used a meter, but gave us an estimate which turned out to be very close to the final price. He stressed that he was an honest taxi driver, unlike many. We believed him and gave him a tip. We thought the price was fair for the short distance we traveled.

.......... while at first there appear to be no taxis at the Alameda bus station (which is huge) they pull up on the main road (Bernard Higgins) outside on a regular basis so theres no issue there. The cabs are metered and it cost us $4000 chilean pesos including tip to get to El Centro district nr Santa Lucia metro station where our hotel was, thats $6US.

The metered taxis are black and yellow, Santiago also has Uber.

BTW, I just bought the tickets! Very easy. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great, hope you have as easy and pleasant trip as we did, just remember to print out the Pullman tickets before attempting to board. Here are some more pics.

Inside San Antonio bus station

34431w0.jpg

14uyvyd.jpg

The queue for the 11.00am bus on Dec8th.

n53ivn.jpg

End of the road, Santiago, a bit different.

wmesn.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sounds easy enough. Will you be able to post your experience before March 2018? That's when we will be doing our cruise.

Hello rome2009,

Are you on the Celebrity Infinity departure 4th march and arriving san antonio 18th march?

We're also looking for the pulman bus transport to santiago city...

Thanks for your answer...

Rome2009

We (My Husband and myself) are on the Emerald Prince on March 14th 2018. Are you booking tours on Princess or are you doing outside private tours. What have you booked that might be interesting that Princess does not do?

We are looking at

Isla Damas in La Serena

Ballestes in Pisco

Callao Sea lion in Lima.

I haven't looked at the rest yet. Still working on it but saw your post on transferring to Ship and the date you were traveling.

We will already have done Machu Picchu before arriving at the ship.

Hi Swedin,

No, we are not booking tours through Princess. We are going on several tours that have been organized by others and myself. You can find them on this website:

https://emeraldprincesssouthamerica2018.shutterfly.com/

Just copy and paste it. It is easy to find your way around the site. It was created by Barry who is on the cruise. Go to the roll call on Cruise Critic for this cruise and the site is also linked there.

• 2 weeks later...
Last week we took bus from San Antonio to Santiago. We bought tickets at terminal as wasn't sure what

time would disembark. Easy to use and buses weren't crowded.

We used the Turbus from Valparaiso to Santiago airport 2 yrs ago after a cruise. Very efficient, clean comfy buses and easy to use. Cost was $6 back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FloatingPrincess

From what I have gathered, there is no need to book tickets ahead of time. You can reserve your seats on the Pullman web page, but it would seem unnecessary. Like you, we don't know the exact time we will be at the bus station (going from Santiago to San Antonio), and seeing that they have a bus about every 10 to 15 minutes, it doesn't make sense to reserve ahead of time (you can go to the website to see how many people have made reservations. On the day we are travelling, there were 3 booked seats on one of the buses). I think it is just a preference... peace of mind.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t think there will be a problem getting a seat most of the time as you will see from my photos in earlier posts.

I would say this though, I travelled at 11am from San Antonio. I was told that these buses are the main transport for people who work in Santiago ,so in rush hour expect it to be quite different. Also, whilst there may not be many people queuing in San Antonio for the one route to Santiago and whilst there may not be many people wanting to travel to San Antonio from Santiago, please note the amount of people in my photo travelling to everywhere else from Santiago, most of who will be queuing to buy tickets in Santiago.