Snorkel fins for big feet

austinlw

With feet so big (14), you'd think I wouldn't need fins, but I do. Preparing for a cruise with snorkel excursions in a couple of months and a trip to Hawaii next summer. I've been snorkeling on a few cruise excursions with badly fitting fins before - it hurt and caused blisters. I don't need expensive equipment, just some fins that will fit comfortably on big feet. I know they are out there. However, most brands I've seen shopping online only go up to 12 or 13 at the most - had the same experience at a local diver's store. Anyone out there who also has very large male feet with comfortable but inexpensive fins with info to share? Thanks.

You'll spend more, but I'd really suggest you get some open heel fins. An example - at a decent price point - are the Scubapro Jet Sports. Open heel fins require a neoprene booty, and those of course cost money as well. However, then you buy the fins in size that works (the Large will be big enough), and get the booties sized for your foot. You will find them to be far more comfortable, and if you're snorkeling from the shore, the booties make walking on gravel or rock tolerable.

Harris

Denver, CO

I wear a size 14 shoe and although I would prefer not to have to pack and bring fins, excursion boats often in the past have not had a big enough fin for me. I had no trouble buying a full foot fin online of the right size - but I cannot remember anything about brand or anything. I much prefer a full foot soft rubber than other options - but they do take up more space in the luggage, of course.

I wear a size 14 shoe and although I would prefer not to have to pack and bring fins, excursion boats often in the past have not had a big enough fin for me. ...

Yes, that's my situation too. When fins rub and cause blisters it takes the fun out of snorkeling.

• 2 weeks later...

Tilos Getaway Travel Fins for wide or large feet

I just bought a pair after losing all feeling in my feet in a pair of very tight XL full foot on a snorkel excursion.

They are open heel and I'm trying to decide if they will be comfortable with no boot. I think there would still be plenty of room even if I wore the boots but I won't know for sure until the end of Feb....

"The Getaway are an open heel strap design whose foot pocket is very forgiving for those people with E to EEE width shoe sizing. They may be worn with a wetsuit boot or water socks and those with average shoe size widths would have to wear them get a proper fit. They are great for traveling as the lengths measure just 18 inches for the small/medium size and 21 inches for the large/extra large size. Those with a size 14EEE shoe will fit in these as we know of snorkelers who have this size and wear them when in the water"

• 4 weeks later...
my husband wears a size 15 shoe. we went to a dive shop and they got him free dive fins with the adjustable heel strap. he just has to wear the little booties with them, which are nice because he also can use them as water shoes.

Where did he get free fins? Did they just let him use them or did they give them to him?

With feet so big (14), you'd think I wouldn't need fins, but I do. Preparing for a cruise with snorkel excursions in a couple of months and a trip to Hawaii next summer. I've been snorkeling on a few cruise excursions with badly fitting fins before - it hurt and caused blisters. I don't need expensive equipment, just some fins that will fit comfortably on big feet. I know they are out there. However, most brands I've seen shopping online only go up to 12 or 13 at the most - had the same experience at a local diver's store. Anyone out there who also has very large male feet with comfortable but inexpensive fins with info to share? Thanks.

I just got these, they seem to work but have not tried in the water, I wear a sz 14-15

http://www.leisurepro.com/p-tbtf6/tusa-imprex-tri-ex-open-heel-fins

Also got Tilos 3x booty off amazon, don't get promate Lagos, not same quality and XXL. Didn't fit me.....

• 3 years later...

I've bought XXL fins from Sea Avenger in the past and have hauled them on several cruises but my fins are long and I'm looking to buy shorter ones. Swimoutlet.com does NOT carry fins for anything over Mens 13 so it's like trying to buy shoes at many stores. Sad. I prefer the closed heel fins but am going with the booty/strap type so I can downsize to travel length fins. I'll post a followup if I can find a good product.

I've bought XXL fins from Sea Avenger in the past and have hauled them on several cruises but my fins are long and I'm looking to buy shorter ones. Swimoutlet.com does NOT carry fins for anything over Mens 13 so it's like trying to buy shoes at many stores. Sad. I prefer the closed heel fins but am going with the booty/strap type so I can downsize to travel length fins. I'll post a followup if I can find a good product.

the information was from 2013 ........ you resurrected a dead thread.