LA airport hotels and transportation from cruise terminal

CruzGator

You are likely getting off the ship early morning...If your flight is the next day, you are going to have a little time on your hands that day and want to have nearby restaurants that night...so...

I would NOT stay right at LAX (Century Blvd. hotels)...It's not an area with much to do or with any great choice of places to eat. There are several major chain hotels there...but little else to do within walking distance and little to do at the hotel. Those who stay there end up taking a bus down to Manhattan Beach for dinner or an Uber to Marina del Rey/Venice...

I would suggest just staying in Marina Del Rey...only a few minutes from the airport (Jamaica Bay Inn, Foghorn Harbor Inn, Inn at Venice Beach, Hilton Garden Inn). It's a nice area to walk around--around the Marina or up the Venice Beach Boardwalk...and lots of nearby restaurants (C&O Trattoria on Washington Blvd. is a personal favorite). To get there (or almost anywhere) from the port in San Pedro, you are going to have to take either a shuttle, a car service, Uber or a taxi (I would avoid taxis--expensive or unpredictable). Pre-arrange a shuttle or car service (Super Shuttle or Execucar) or just use Uber/Lyft...To get from there back to LAX, it's a short Uber/Lyft ride--about 5 miles.

I agree with Bruin Steve.

If you were arriving at night I like the Marriott but it would be boring there for the day.

I would look at the places suggested.

Lots of options for transportation. If you want to take a private vehicle I would consider Uber or Lyft or we also use execucar and http://www.execucar.com

Keith