ID bracelet or some way to identify toddlers

OctoberSky

My ds will be 2.5 when he first cruises. Currently he only knows his first name. If he were to get separated from us on the ship (or during an excursion), how can I help ensure that he is identified and we are located?

Does the cruise ship provide an ID arm band for him? We'll be on Norwegian.

Or what is the "norm", or do you have tips to recommend? I'm thinking that writing our room number in Sharpe on his arm is maybe not the best idea...

We have 3 or 4 ID bracelets for our daughter that we take with us when we travel for just this purpose. We let her pick which one she wants to wear that day, it makes it a little easier to give her some choice in the matter. Go to Amazon and search for "child ID band", you'll see lots of options.

ALL cruiseship's with kid's clubs will have some form of ID for the kids....they KNOW that kids have no idea what's going on. You don't need to make/bring your own ID bracelets! They will take care of that!

A 2 1/2 year old will not be in the kids club.

If they print bracelets for the other kids, they’d probably be willing to make one for your child. Just be aware of the fact that your 2 year old might completely refuse to wear it - our 2 year old went nuts on Cunard when they put a wristband on him. We had to sign a waiver agreeing that we accepted the fact that in an emergency he might be taken to the wrong muster station from the kids club. We taught his 6 year old brother his muster station when his bgracelet fell off and figured we’d be fine. You can also consider a nametag or a luggage tag with information on it if your child would have an easier time wearing that

I’ve always made “dog tags” for my children. I have their name printed along with if lost call 123-123-1234. We have used them as necklaces on a chain, put onto a bracelet or even tied in shoe laces or made a belt and strung it through that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When my daughter was little, we invested in “Safety Tats.” They are temporary tattoos with your phone number printed on them and “if lost, please call.” She had speech issues until her tonsils were removed at age 4, so whenever we went to theme parks or cruise ships, we always made sure to put a safety tat on her arm, with instructions that if she got separated from us, to find a uniformed employee and show them her tattoo.

They make the tattoos in fun colors with various cute pictures on them, and they last about 5-7 days. Put a little baby powder on them right after applying, and they’ll last.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ALL cruiseship's with kid's clubs will have some form of ID for the kids....they KNOW that kids have no idea what's going on. You don't need to make/bring your own ID bracelets! They will take care of that!

The ship will not provide an ID for a child not old enough to be in their kids program. RCI Adventure Ocean the child must be 3 to participate. Infants/children using the Royal Tots & Babies Nursery (6-36 months old) will not be provided an ID bracelet.

My ds will be 2.5 when he first cruises. Currently he only knows his first name. If he were to get separated from us on the ship (or during an excursion), how can I help ensure that he is identified and we are located?

Does the cruise ship provide an ID arm band for him? We'll be on Norwegian.

Or what is the "norm", or do you have tips to recommend? I'm thinking that writing our room number in Sharpe on his arm is maybe not the best idea...

Its been 10yrs since I sailed NCL with children so I dont recall the procedure. We have sailed many times on Carnival in recent years. On Carnival, every child 11 and under is given a wristband that indicates thier muster station. You could easily sharpie any extra identifying info onto that band. Maybe NCL does something similiar.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

The brackets the ship gives each child simply has their muster station on it in case of emergency. There is no room number or anything else identifying on it, just muster station. I guess you could take a marker and write your phone number on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The RCI nursery puts a label with their name, muster station, and any allergies on the child’s back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've never noticed this when using the nursery...perhaps they remove it when you pick up your child.