Canyon Ranch billing and tipping practices

gnomie1

I have been cruising with Regent since it was Radisson and have found that the cost of spa services to be very expensive. Was just on the Navigator this October and the cost for a basic manicure was $50.00 This included the

18% service charge. It's hard to believe that they don't even have ONE nail drying machine or light to dry your nails.

I've complained about this for years.

Funny how reading internet forums is like panning for gold...you need to sift out a lot of worthless dirt before you find that nugget you were looking for. :cool:

That is a great quote Bill. No truer words were stated about internet forums.:D I will seal your comment for use at a later time.

• 1 month later...

I can't speak to the billing and tipping practices and agree that the cost is pretty high for their services. But, is it overpriced? Well, in comparison to land prices the services appear to be overpriced. Is it a rip-off? Possibly but probably not. Consider that they occupy some very, very expensive "real-estate". Think about how much revenue would be produced if the spa area was converted to cabins (OK, Regent does not have interior cabins but they could). Consider that they also have to house and feed the employees providing the services. Although the "quality" of the services is probably not equal to that of the top salons in say, New York, the cost of providing the services probably is. Just food for thought.