Connecting Cabins - family of 3

Tennant

Has anyone booked connecting cabins for a family of 3? I wondering if it might end up being cheaper than a suite in some cases with more room, more privacy, large balcony and more privacy. If so, what lines have you done it on? Any pics? Our guy is a baby so the in-cabin connecting door is probably better for us.

Do any lines have any weird set-ups where a balcony and interior connect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCI has some of those cabins...Voyager and Freedom class ships have some balconies that connect to an inside cabin. You do understand that you will pay the double rate for the baby in the inside cabin....there is no discount for babies , especially in a separate cabin. If you look at the deck plans, they are the last cabins on the sides of the ship in the AFT section....

You may find a smaller suite to be a better price...one cabin , with a bedroom for the parents, and a P&P in the living room for baby.....

Yes, I understand about the cost involved. However we have not found a suite for less than it would cost to have two cabins. In fact, in finding it to be about $1000 cheaper to take two cabins.

Well I'll let everyone know how it worked out if we decide to go this route. I have continued to price sailings this way and it is almost $2000 savings on some sailings. This is RCL where kids are full price.

If two cabins are cheaper on the cruise you like, then go for it. If you are flexible about cruise lines, we'd found the Princess mini suite cabins to be quite reasonably priced and have enough room for 3, including a crib. That might be something to consider, but if you've found a cruise where two cabins are really cheap, then just go for that. Best of luck and have a great trip.

We did two interior cabins on our last cruise on Cunard, since a suite would have been too expensive. We booked last minute so there wasn't much available, but the two cabins next to each other worked out well for us but we did have two children, and none of the available balcony cabins could fit four.

A little different of a situation, but we have two toddlers, and did this when they were 10 months and almost two. We are doing it again this spring (they will be two and three at the time of sailing). We booked balconies on RCI and found, too, that it was cheaper than a suite. For what it's worth, we did a cruise when my oldest was 11 months old, and he shared a room with us. The sleeping was terrible. He was a great sleeper in his own room at home, but in the same room on the boat, he was not. Also, he goes to bed early, so my husband and I couldn't talk/watch tv/etc. We would go out on the balcony, but the door to get out there was really loud, so would always wake him up going in and out. When we did the adjoining rooms, it was much better. I brought a monitor, so I could be out on our balcony and still hear the kids if they needed something. I also left the adjoining door open a crack when we were sleeping - enough so that I could hear them if they woke up, but not enough that they would be able to see me and want to play at 5am, instead of going back to sleep! Good luck with the decision!

A little different of a situation, but we have two toddlers, and did this when they were 10 months and almost two. We are doing it again this spring (they will be two and three at the time of sailing). We booked balconies on RCI and found, too, that it was cheaper than a suite. For what it's worth, we did a cruise when my oldest was 11 months old, and he shared a room with us. The sleeping was terrible. He was a great sleeper in his own room at home, but in the same room on the boat, he was not. Also, he goes to bed early, so my husband and I couldn't talk/watch tv/etc. We would go out on the balcony, but the door to get out there was really loud, so would always wake him up going in and out. When we did the adjoining rooms, it was much better. I brought a monitor, so I could be out on our balcony and still hear the kids if they needed something. I also left the adjoining door open a crack when we were sleeping - enough so that I could hear them if they woke up, but not enough that they would be able to see me and want to play at 5am, instead of going back to sleep! Good luck with the decision!

Thanks! We just got back from our first cruise with our 9.5 mth old. He slept well... until 3am... every night. And he sleeps 11 hours uninterrupted at home. So we are looking for a little more privacy for us and him on our next cruise. When he would wake up, he knew I was there so he cried until I brought him into bed with us. Something we never do at home! The monitor is a great idea!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk