Hato Caves in Curacao

DRS/NC

Hello, All

Yes, I've checked the Caribbean Ports board, but I need First Person information about the steps & paths at the Hato Caves.

My DD wants to visit the caves (on our own), but I'm not sure that I can manage the steps. I'll be using a rollator (she can carry it while maneuver the step - I hope).

Have any of you done this "excursion"? Please advise me! THANKS!

I just did this in November. The tour starts with about 50 stairs up along side the rocks to the cave entrance. If you google "hato caves stairs" there are pictures. Once you get inside you eventually (more gradually) come down to the ground level - the cave is not below ground.

I just did this in November. The tour starts with about 50 stairs up along side the rocks to the cave entrance. If you google "hato caves stairs" there are pictures. Once you get inside you eventually (more gradually) come down to the ground level - the cave is not below ground.

Thanks! I'll check the photos!

My husband and I were there in November and he had on a wound walking boot and was using a cane. I just held my breath as we went up the steps which are uneven and the distance between them varies. Then of course once the tour is done you would need to come down the same steps. Make sure that you look at the pictures because I can't imagine going up and down while carrying a rollator. Enjoy if you go!