Voyager dress code for children

We are taking our 2 Grandsons (6 & 9) on Voyager in March & am wondering what the dress code is for children in the MDR. We have bought them a nice outfit for formal night but wondering what is acceptable attire for the other nights. I m hoping others who have cruised with children can offer some advice.

I dont believe there is a MDR dress code once onboard for small kids or any kids other than no swimwear or thongs/bare feet or shirt/topless, its more a safety issue these days rather than a respect thing but they do go hand in hand.

Nobody not even a cruise line can expect growing children to have the same choice in daily/nightly dinning attire that adults have.

Take your grandchildren dressed how you would expect them to be dressed in any eatery other than a beach cafe or fast food type eatery.

Use common sense, nobody wants to sit on a seat thats been wet from swimmers and a cruise line doesnt want a law suit from cut/crushed feet or accidental scalded body parts.

I really did try to make my son wear a suit on formal night on the voyager but could only get him to wear a shirt and a tie and board shorts. As long as they are clean and tidy then that is all anyone seems to ask.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I really did try to make my son wear a suit on formal night on the voyager but could only get him to wear a shirt and a tie and board shorts. As long as they are clean and tidy then that is all anyone seems to ask.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And I bet he looked cool.

Thank you everyone for your comments. I have decided on new chino pants with polo shirt will be the go on casual evenings.

That will look very nice. Don't forget that it's a great opportunity to get loverly family photos (even if you take them yourself)

Yes a few men in their full suits commented that that was how they wanted to dress but their wives had said "NO"

Dont I know it! nothing worse than being trussed up in a penguin suit on formals after a few days of huge cruise indulgence! the staff actually make guests look 2nd rate.

I like wearing dinner suits but on a cruise I struggle big time, I get home and start taking interest in 2am TV info mat weight loss gadgets! lol

This cruise for the first time my white /cream tux jacket doesnt fit before the cruise so its not even going in the case.

Give me smart casual these days and I can easily hide the belly in bowling shirts! lol.