Insuremytrip OR tripinsurancestore???

rpmljm

I have used insuremytrip.com for several cruises and had never had a problem. Once due to a medical condition we had to cancel trip two weeks before the departure date and did get a full refund. We did have to send in the paperwork to prove our claim (once) but don't recall it taking a long time to get our refund.

I always buy insurance but have never had the need to use it . I always read everything about the carrier prior to paying .However,on my most recent cruise I did not read all the fine print because it was the 3rd.consecutive time I purchased the insurance.

On my most recent cruise ,last month I needed to see the ships doctor solely as a precaution ,paid the bill and received the necessary paperwork to file with the insurance company.However,the company is an excess necessitating that I file with my primary carrier.

Although I have and offered to submit a copy of the policy stating that they do not pay any claims for an accident or illness outside the US the travel insurance company will not accept this.

I stress to everyone the necessity to read all policies before purchasing.

I always buy insurance but have never had the need to use it . I always read everything about the carrier prior to paying .However,on my most recent cruise I did not read all the fine print because it was the 3rd.consecutive time I purchased the insurance.

On my most recent cruise ,last month I needed to see the ships doctor solely as a precaution ,paid the bill and received the necessary paperwork to file with the insurance company.However,the company is an excess necessitating that I file with my primary carrier.

Although I have and offered to submit a copy of the policy stating that they do not pay any claims for an accident or illness outside the US the travel insurance company will not accept this.

I stress to everyone the necessity to read all policies before purchasing.

Unfortunately, I'm guessing what you'll need to do is file w/ your home based health insurance company (the "primary provider"). That insurance company will deny the claim. Then, you will submit proof of the denial, and file with your cruise insurance provider, being the secondary provider. You should get paid, obviously this is more of a hassle, and you won't get your money back as promptly. That's why it can be advantageous to have the medical component of cruise insurance be primary (and sometimes more expensive for this feature).