Long Beach Terminal parking and hotels

MissesB4409

Hey fellow Cruisers!

I am sure this has been answered somewhere else before, but I honestly can't find it. My husband, myself and our 2 boys ( 4 and 6) are going on a short cruise on the Carnival Imagination in May for my birthday!! We would love to arrive to Long Beach the day before we set sail and find a place to stay on the cheaper end with a park and cruise option. I have actually been searching for something for months, but I haven't been able to find anything that really seems worth it enough for me. Any help or advice? A safe, clean, and comfortable location is our number one desired must have. Other than that, we are a very value based family. We don't need bells and whistles, or anything extra. I know Long Beach has a ton of different areas and some places won't be as safe as others. So I'm really just looking for advice, insider information, deals, etc. that will help us decide. We have family that lives about an hour and a half away, so our other option is to just stay with them and drive to the terminal the morning of the cruise and park at the cruise terminal, but I would like to explore Long Beach a little bit the day before if we can do it for the right price. Thanks! :)

We are staying at the Hotel Maya Doubletree Hilton very near the ship.

700 Queensway Drive

Long Beach

(877) 979-1038

they have a website where you can book. They also have a cruise and stay where you can leave your car and the hotel shuttles you to and from the ship.

Book early. They fill up fast :)

Patti

I saw that! It looks amazing!! But its $300 a night! :eek: I was hoping for something about half that price! But I hope you enjoy it!! I know once upon a time I read that there was a specific person that worked at Hotel Maya that you could email and she would give you a discount on a stay and cruise package...Anybody know?

I saw that! It looks amazing!! But its $300 a night! :eek: I was hoping for something about half that price! But I hope you enjoy it!! I know once upon a time I read that there was a specific person that worked at Hotel Maya that you could email and she would give you a discount on a stay and cruise package...Anybody know?

I tried to book with the CCL rate but it wasn't available when I booked.

Try Jessica.Jimenez2@hilton.com

As far as I know, the code is P53 rate

I also park and cruise 159

I'm actually going to email her now. Good Luck

Patti

It's an urban area in coastal California. Be glad that the parking alone isn't $300.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last year we stayed at a Hilton not to far away from the pier. There was a park not to far (ceasar Chavez?) that our kids played at the day we arrived. We found that parking at the pier wasn't much different than parking at a hotel.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

I will keep that park in mind. Thank you! I would really love to arrive the day before and do something enjoyable with my boys before we embark! It kind of extends the vacation a little! As far as parking at the pier, I have found pretty much the same thing. Maybe we will get lucky and find a good deal just for the hotel and then just drive to the pier and park that morning. So far, the weekend that we are leaving, there are a bunch of hotels already sold out and prices for the really cheap looking hotels are already over $100...some closer to $200...Not sure if any of that is worth it, when we can just drive from an hour and a half away. I'd rather spend that $$$ on the cruise! But to each their own. We are an extremely budget friendly family, and we rarely splurge on anything.

I will keep that park in mind. Thank you! I would really love to arrive the day before and do something enjoyable with my boys before we embark! It kind of extends the vacation a little! As far as parking at the pier, I have found pretty much the same thing. Maybe we will get lucky and find a good deal just for the hotel and then just drive to the pier and park that morning. So far, the weekend that we are leaving, there are a bunch of hotels already sold out and prices for the really cheap looking hotels are already over $100...some closer to $200...Not sure if any of that is worth it, when we can just drive from an hour and a half away. I'd rather spend that $$$ on the cruise! But to each their own. We are an extremely budget friendly family, and we rarely splurge on anything.

Honestly, we usually drive up from San Diego the day of the cruise. We aren't doing it this time because 3 of the family can't get it together in a timely manner. ;p

I did hear from Jessica, and she said they normally can't take anything off. :(

Patti

Hi Patti and thank you for the info. I did e-mail Jessica and was able to get a rate that both my husband and I can agree on. I'm super excited to start our vacation a day earlier now! Plus we won't have the anxiety of driving to the port the morning of the cruise. And now we can relax at the hotel the day before, walk around Shoreline Village or anything in that area. I feel like my vacation is now finalized and I can just relax more until its time to pack!! Thank you for all your help!

Hi Patti and thank you for the info. I did e-mail Jessica and was able to get a rate that both my husband and I can agree on. I'm super excited to start our vacation a day earlier now! Plus we won't have the anxiety of driving to the port the morning of the cruise. And now we can relax at the hotel the day before, walk around Shoreline Village or anything in that area. I feel like my vacation is now finalized and I can just relax more until its time to pack!! Thank you for all your help!

You're welcome Andrea.. Have fun !

Patti