Booking on-board?

Escaper

I have a vague recollection of earlier posts suggesting there are good deals booking future Viking cruises (both Ocean and River) while on board an existing cruise? Does anyone have info on that? (I did an unsuccessful search already.)

Thanks

Escaper

Just got off a Viking Ocean cruise on which we booked our next one. In addition to $200 per person for being a past guest, we received an additional $300 per person discount for booking on board. We also received $125 of on board credit for the cruise we were on. I believe final payment due dates are also different. Other than $1000 per person to book the cruise, payment of the balance will not be due until 6 months before departure, and until 4 months before departure, we can cancel and apply the payments to a different future cruise, with all discounts applying.

Just got off a Viking Ocean cruise on which we booked our next one. In addition to $200 per person for being a past guest, we received an additional $300 per person discount for booking on board. We also received $125 of on board credit for the cruise we were on. I believe final payment due dates are also different. Other than $1000 per person to book the cruise, payment of the balance will not be due until 6 months before departure, and until 4 months before departure, we can cancel and apply the payments to a different future cruise, with all discounts applying.

We just booked on board and got a similar deal. Plus we got the free air and $150pp discount that was the current deal in place for our itinerary. So, in total we got $1150pp off the cruise plus free air plus an on board credit for the current trip. Some of the credits depend on the length of the itinerary you are booking and you can book more than one trip.