First time cruising, please suggest options for vegetarian couple

Hi, I am new to this forum as well as cruising!

Me and my wife wish to go on a week-long (6-8 days) cruise of the Caribbean in March 2017. Could you please advise how to go about doing our research? Couple of preferences/requirements:

- We are vegetarians (dairy and eggs ok, no meat or fish) . What cruise lines are considered vegetarian friendly?

- What parts of Caribbean are considered less crowded and have more natural beauty?

- We will be flying from San Jose, California. What would be a good starting point for us?

- What else to absolutely keep in mind? :)

Thanks a lot for all your help!

Most cruise lines accommodate dietary needs of guests, including vegetarians. You can discuss with the Maitre ‘d your needs on embarkation day.

Ft. Lauderdale and Miami are the more popular embarkation ports for Caribbean cruises. Ports get crowded depending on the number of ships docked on the same day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on Celebrity in 2016 and have vegetarian friends in our party (varying degrees); they were able to order off a separate vegetarian menu in the main dining room and the selection changed nightly like the regular menu does. I have an allergy and they have been very accommodating on all the lines we've tried so far.