Private Car Company LAX to San Pedro

plan2travel

I have been checking out transportation options for a Princess cruise - March 2018 - LAX to Double Tree in San Pedro the day before the cruise and return from cruise port to LAX. I want a private car or van so no shared rides. Thought I would use Supershuttle - Execucar based on the many positive reviews on Cruise Critic. However, I noticed that the reviews on Tripadvisor and Yelp are really bad. Reviewers complain that service is getting worse and worse. Has something changed over the last few months? Looking for a reliable company. Any thoughts and input appreciated. Thanks.

I used Execucar last fall from port to LAX based on reviews here and was very unhappy.

I was not given clear instructions on how to tell them I was ready for pickup. When I called I was hung up on the first time and was spoken to rudely the second time. No one told the driver I was there, so 45 minutes after I first called (and 20 minutes after the scheduled pickup time) I was still standing on the curb. Luckily the third call worked. When the driver finally found me, he said that he had been sitting for an hour in the waiting area but no one told him to come pick me up.

This past November, we had a great experience with XpressShuttle. We use ExecuCar in Phoenix for our airport transport but the quote was super high from them for LAX to San Pedro for 4.

XpressShuttle was very professional, good price and great communication. I got email confirmation immediately and the day prior, I received a text message confirmation including our driver's name, contact phone number and the office number in case of any problems. Our flight arrived early, so we had to wait about 20 minutes for the driver (not their fault) but the trip was good. Our price was based on 4 people. Might want to check it out.

Good luck!

Funny how I have used execucar for years in this area and in a few other areas and never had problems and used this this past June from Disneyland to port and from port over to LAX and it continued to work like a charm.

Keith

Maybe you're just special.

I have used execucar to and from LAX many times and was never confused about their instructions, nor how to contact the driver, nor how to let the driver know how to find me. They are always prompt, professional, and helpful. Maybe I am special like Keith.... Or maybe I am tech savvy.