UBER, Lyft, Super shuttle or Primtime Shuttle??

twinzzz

We've never sailed from the west coast and are looking for any info to compare Uber or Lyft prices to the shuttle companies.

Staying at Candlewood suites LAX the night before, so we need a ride to Long Beach pier-so we can take a shared ride, but thinking we need a private ride to LAX after the cruise for a 1:45pm flight.

I've gotten prices form both shuttle companies and wondering if anyone could give me (approximate) prices I could expect if we (2 adults) used either Lyft or Uber.

Any info would be appreciated.

TIA

Twinzzz

With a 1:45 pm flight, you still have a shared shuttle as an option. LAX is only 23 miles from the Long Beach Carnival Terminal...Your biggest variable is when you actually get off the ship and what sort of lines you face at check-out...but the ride to LAX should only take between 30 and 60 minutes depending on day of week...Assuming being clear of the terminal by 10:00 am, you will likely arrive at LAX about 10:45-three hours before your flight--time to spare...With a large cruise ship in port, the major shuttle companies (Super Shuttle, for example) will be loading up vans continually and heading straight to LAX with no intermediate stops.

Uber becomes a variable--Normally, you are looking at $31-41 for an UberX...but with thousands disembarking in relatively short time, you may very likely run into "Surge Pricing" which could add considerably to that cost...Surge Pricing is dependent on supply and demand...and you would be picking a high demand window...

Long Beach port to LAX

Taxis are $60 flat + tip

Shared shuttles are $17/pp, located bottom level of the parking structure, no reservation required.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Long Beach port to LAX

Taxis are $60 flat + tip

Shared shuttles are $17/pp, located bottom level of the parking structure, no reservation required.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is very helpful, I don't mind the shared shuttles if they are cheap and direct.

I’m with a group, 12 of us, sailing out in March and we need transportation from our hotel 2.5 miles away. We know about Uber and Lyft but wondering if there is a shuttle service we can arrange for? The hotel does not provide transportation.

I’m with a group, 12 of us, sailing out in March and we need transportation from our hotel 2.5 miles away. We know about Uber and Lyft but wondering if there is a shuttle service we can arrange for? The hotel does not provide transportation.

2.5 miles away from the Carnival terminal?

Which hotel are you in? 2.5 miles sounds like it takes you just outside the prime area...maybe the BW on First?

Anyway, with 12 of you, any of the shuttle companies will gladly send you a couple of vans...for a price...

Or you could use Uber...

Or you might be close enough to the Passport route to even take that...

Even taxis aren’t terrible fo4 that short a trip.

You might also try contacting Sunseeker Tours...they have 14 passenger buses they use for Tours, but they also do charters...they may be willing to send a bus to your hotel to get you to the pier...since they are headquartered in Long Beach anyway...

2.5 miles away from the Carnival terminal?

Which hotel are you in? 2.5 miles sounds like it takes you just outside the prime area...maybe the BW on First?

Anyway, with 12 of you, any of the shuttle companies will gladly send you a couple of vans...for a price...

Or you could use Uber...

Or you might be close enough to the Passport route to even take that...

Even taxis aren’t terrible fo4 that short a trip.

You might also try contacting Sunseeker Tours...they have 14 passenger buses they use for Tours, but they also do charters...they may be willing to send a bus to your hotel to get you to the pier...since they are headquartered in Long Beach anyway...

We are staying at the Courtyard Marriott Long Beach Downtown. Thank you for the suggestions.