New to cruising, few questions

Ambermark

Hi all. I've never cruised before so no idea how it works lol. I'm going with royal Caribbean, does it matter which parking place I book with?

How does it work when we park? Does someone take our cases? Where do we go then?

Does it take a long time? My husband has mobility issues and can't stand about for too long.

Is there anything else I need to know? Is it much different to boarding a plane (except obviously it's a boat :D)

Thanks for any help you can give :)

Hi and welcome to cruising and also cruise critic, which port are you going out of (Southampton?) there are several threads in this forum that have information to do with parking. As for Embarkation, are Royal aware of your husband's mobility issues, if not make them aware and they will supply a wheel chair for the embarkation process which will actually seem like you will be getting priority boarding as they take you through very quickly.

Thanks for the replies, yeah we're going from Southampton. I've emailed Royal about my husband a few days ago but no reply yet, will give it until Monday then ring I think :)

It will be good to have it arranged but even if it isn't, you can ask for a wheel chair as soon as you arrive, I am sure they will look after you both.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the replies, yeah we're going from Southampton. I've emailed Royal about my husband a few days ago but no reply yet, will give it until Monday then ring I think :)

Hi - maybe see this page re accessibility

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/discover-cruise-holidays/accessibility/

and the form if you need anything

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/pdf/special-services-form-uk-april-2014-royal-webform_tcm16-61469.pdf

I couldnt get the links on rcl to work until I reduced screen view to 80%