FLASH NEWS! VIKING STAR DEC 21st CRUISE - STOPOVER IN TUNISIA & ALGIERS CANCELLED.

Gnoelj

Well, someone in Viking should be responsible for the webpages.

Whether it is the webmaster, the web "developer" or whoever, I am not in the web design business, so I cannot differentiate the different people in the team, I only used the term "webmaster" generally meaning those responsible for the website.

Even if the person who did not upkeep the content in the Viking website is not within Viking, he or she is still employed by or paid by Viking, and so it is up to the webpage manager within Viking that he or she is doing his/her job.

Just trying to excuse someone saying "Oh, it is not me, but someone else's" or worse indicating web professionals are "getting beaten up" not the right way to approach it. The better way is for them to see how they can work together to improve the standard of the web page.

Are you suggesting that if there is some area within Viking like the issues in the webiste which could be improved, we should keep quiet about it and pretend everything is alright?

It is hoped that Viking management, if they read this, will take it as a constructive criticism, so that these issues can be corrected (and they can be, it is not rocket science).

Dear Gnoelj, as Cyber Kat rightfully said the problem is not in "webmaster" or web designers but in the business rules they were given. Web designers, front and back end coders, database administrators will do what the business asks. Many developers don't know much about business they working for especially if it's large business. Viking could employ 3rd party company for website but they could keep data "in house" or maybe another 3rd party.

I totally agree that you as the user of Viking customer website that doesn't give you information you need on time might be upset. The thing is that nothing happens unless you bring the issue to Viking. Write to TellUs folks and ask for help to reach a person responsible for the MJ website. Don't forget to tell them that as the user you have suggestions to improve communications between Viking and their customers and have your list what you would like to see.

It's your right but for some reason you don't use it but beat a dead horse over and over again.

So now we just learned that Tunis in our itinerary of the Feb. 1 cruise has been cancelled and replaced with Naples, just like some cruises in December and January. Algiers is still in the itinerary, though.

Hi all I'm on board viking star now so sad even Cagliari now was cancelled.

So we are on sea day and seems like activities not that interesting.

Btw Tripani was changed by Palermo :))))

Hi all I'm on board viking star now so sad even Cagliari now was cancelled.

So we are on sea day and seems like activities not that interesting.

Btw Tripani was changed by Palermo :))))

Oh no, even Cagliari has been cancelled? What happened?

Did you say Trapani was changed to Palermo? Is Tunis/Port Goulette and Algiers changed to Naples and Palma de Mallorca on your cruise? If so, does it mean that your original itinerary, 4 STOPS OUT OF 5 STOPS have been CANCELLED OR CHANGED?

Understand exactly what you mean that activities on board Viking Star are not that interesting. We felt the same on our cruise on that ship. As have mentioned before, ACTIVITIES and ENTERTAINMENT on Viking is not one of its strong points. In fact, in our view, it is relatively WEAK compared to so many other cruise lines. VIKING can, and should , do better in that area. Perhaps, the Cruise Director is not working hard enough, or not as creative/talented as some others CDs (?). Or perhaps Viking's activity/entertainment budget is relative low? Who knows?

It is "just OK" if the cruise itinerary have many port visits . But if it has more sea days, then, the cruise GETS ***BORING***! How many times can you go to the restaurants, bars and cafes to eat and drink before you pine for having something else more interesting to do?

HOPE VIKING MANAGEMENT TAKES NOTICE OF THIS ESPECIALLY IF THEY NEED TO ATTRACT MORE PEOPLE FOR THEIR EXPANDING FLEET OF SHIPS.

PS: For those people who like doing "nothing" , you can continue to "do" as you wish. There are many of us who want more activities and entertainment . And NO THANK YOU, we do not want to go to other lower priced cruises, so please do not try to push us off to those other cruise lines. We want to go on Viking but we want a better standard/quality activities/entertainment/recreation on board their ships. If we can afford it and pay our fares, we have as much right to cruise with Viking as anyone - and we think Viking would welcome our custom.

Edited by Gnoelj

I think everyone knows your thoughts on the entertainment available on Viking. Sounds like bookings are going well enough for them as it is.

The availability of a lot of entertainment actually put us off those lines that provide a lot of it. We felt that we were paying for 'entertainments' that we had no intention of attending.