LIVE - Mariner - Miami to Lima 1/5/2018 to 1/23/2018

irishwitchy

This was a ships production show

Not sure but i believe illegal to tape any part of a production show. This also was the front row. Person told me to shut my damn mouth. Tried reporting it and her words but front desk called CD and said i was complaining about vidio and never said a word on my treatment nor has ahe called me on policy

It is illegal (according to the laws of the U.S. but not sure about elsewhere in the world) but you need to have someone onboard that knows that and cares (probably the General Manager).

It is illegal (according to the laws of the U.S. but not sure about elsewhere in the world) but you need to have someone onboard that knows that and cares (probably the General Manager).

Thank you

I need to read the fine print in dailies about it but on some ships we are told in writing and varbal no.

It is now over but i hope to never see this person again. I wanted to say morw but not there. Already told a cast member too. Think she is leaving the ship ; if not i would be all over it.

News flash

The dailies for the past game show says a comwdy show with no saving if seats and no video etc

I am sure it was there for all shows and this woman decided to break the rules

Meanwhile i got my bill from the medical center the dr alone was 188 compared to Cystral at 105.

I had a urine test for 39 $ plus charge for the cup

Plus some other supply

Not sure whatbut will be at front desk on that one

My new anribodics are more than Cystral but really not sure what cipro costs

Pain pills at 16

Trying to figure out how these cost mote than my ambien per pill

So cystral dr and meds cheaper

My ins company should love me

With two medical bills being claimed and i have a month to go on this ship

Plus a land tour

For the record i am in my hallway at 130 am as my cabin not happy and no internet again

Works in hall and bar vs room:mad:

What do you think of a person using her cell phone to video a show on the ship.

Anyone who does this is being very rude and inconsiderate to other guests trying to enjoy the show.

As bad, if not worse, are:

• those who insist on talking throughout
  • those who arrive late and leave early, disturbing others
  • before the performance, those who sit at the end of rows and then do not want to move to let others past

Edited by flossie009

Anyone who does this is being very rude and inconsiderate to other guests trying to enjoy the show.

As bad, if not worse are:

• those who insist on talking throughout
  • those who arrive late and leave early, disturbing others
  • before the performance, those who sit at the end of rows and then do not want to move to let others past

I switch seats due to talking, on Cystral I took and end seat. I an short and the couple in front of me would if blocked me , so in the end a couple climbed over me vs go down front. I was in back as I had a cough. I was on meds but felt I might have to leave due to cough.

Hi, all. I started to write a quick comment the other day and after typing the paragraph - some thing bad happened and it was gone. I normally type in word and cut and paste.

A couple of comments, the trip to montichristi on the quirky buses would have been much better with the band on top. Instead the one bus that had a band on top - the crew got and that left an hour before we did. That left four buses and one of them had a band stuffed into the back of it. The town itself is fine, my husband and I have been to Ecuador before and already own hats, but it was still was fun to poke around. On the way back in the quirky bus, we did ask the tour guide to play Ecuadorian music and that was better than yMCA that was played before. Ironically, we spoke to someone that had the bus with band stuck in the back of it and they hated it because the horn was playing right into their ears! So Regent, restrict the tour and get less buses with a band on each one on top of the bus, which is what I signed up for.

As Cathy never finish the thread... the lunch I had with them was funny. Everyone spoke Spanish only. We manage to order our drinks. The waitress wanted our lunch order. Somehow Cathy sent her away to order our drinks. She came back without them. By then we had decided on what to order. We had crab, shrimp and squid.

The waitress came with one of each..fork..knife..spoon and a mallet. I used the fork to share my food. Cathy ate with the spoon. Ron slamming the crab with the mallet. Surprise the plate lived thru it.

Later that day we walked around before boarding the shuttle back.

Salaverry..did a ships tour that should if been cancel as it was Sunday. We walked around fir a while then went into a home fir drinks. I tried several times to give him my cabin number as I stayed in town. Finally left and the helper who was useless run after me to get it. I tried maybe four times.

As the Pope had been there the day before the town was wild with people. I wandered all around and got pictures of parades and people watching,

Salaverry..did a ships tour that should if been cancel as it was Sunday. We walked around fir a while then went into a home fir drinks. I tried several times to give him my cabin number as I stayed in town. Finally left and the helper who was useless run after me to get it. I tried maybe four times.

As the Pope had been there the day before the town was wild with people. I wandered all around and got pictures of parades and people watching,

I'm curious about you giving your suite number to the "helper" when you departed the excursion. Is this something new? We don't care for included excursions and typically let the tour guide know that we will be doing our own thing - give her/him a tip and are on our way - never having given our suite number to them. Interestingly, the one time in all of our cruises that we got lost and missed the bus back to the ship, I had left my sweater onboard the bus and somehow it found its way back to me ....... without a name or suite number. Interesting how these things happen.

Hi, Robin. It was fun hanging out with you on and off the ship. You have my email address on your phone, please email me I have some restraurant suggestions in Cusco and other tips.

Saw this will do!

Sorry you had problems adjusting to mts, so glad I have the pills and the tea, I know I have dinners booked but can change them. One is owned by a married couple from Lima.

Had a blast with you both.

I saw the lobby at Marriot and Belmont. The Belmont a wow factor. Make sure you spend ten minutes at the open air mall over water in Lima. Views

TC

I left three or four tours and did my own thing in the end. In each case I gave my suite number, it was written down. Ron and Cathy joined me and gave theirs too. In Lima she took my suite number and put me in the taxi before boatding the bus.

New ir not I always done this on all cruiselines.

How did your sweater make it home!

Well, on these days they have asked as they leave with 20 thry want to come home with 20.

Has anyone had a standing order for something basic like a spinach salad and have it not shoe up or like last night just show up but without the egg and bacon on it. One night this cruise went to a blanket jacet three. Times.he out my order in but it never showed up. Last night at a hosted table sent it back to be made correctly

Kitchen is falling down in stupid ways. One night I asked for water and still waiting for a glass of water.

We also left a tour early in Lima to move some luggage and names and suites numbers were required. I have spent a great week in Peru since our adventures on the ship have ended. I will be writing a report. Overall, the service for 90% of the time was great, overall the food was very good and the excursions were a mixed bag. Let me add, my husband and I love to travel, but I’m more of land based person than a cruise person and I really love water(a pisces). I really also wished that some current rock and other music was added to the mix before 11:30 at night. I knew this was going to be an issue, but Regent isn’t going to attract anyone under 60 at this rate. I don’t mean to offend but it did feel like a traveling senior citizens home. Even doing the shows, the amount of hand clapping, dancing, head bobbing, foot tapping, etc - anything that looked like the music was being enjoyed was non existed.

Will we go on another cruise with the line, only if the ports and pricing makes sense or a group of friends all decide - let’s do it. :cool:

I enjoyed your posts, thanks for taking the time to post.

I agree with you regarding the music choice needing a bit more up tempo and needing to be more up to date.

We have had really good music played in Horizon lounge on Mariner on a few cruises and it’s nice to see the dance floor busy. We really do enjoy dancing and it varies from cruise to cruise how much opportunity we have had for this. This topic has been mentioned a few times in the recent months. Jean.