Tansfer to Seward

The Bishops

Hi

I'm sure I'm asking a question that has been asked before but we are sailing on the Celebrity Millennium on 15 June and are looking into transfers from Anchorage to Seward on that day. We understand that there is a train which gets into Seward at about 11.00am and also buses, which method of transport would anyone recommend or is there another way.

Thanks for your help.

Angela

Hi

I'm sure I'm asking a question that has been asked before but we are sailing on the Celebrity Millennium on 15 June and are looking into transfers from Anchorage to Seward on that day. We understand that there is a train which gets into Seward at about 11.00am and also buses, which method of transport would anyone recommend or is there another way.

Thanks for your help.

Angela

The problem I have with the train is that it leaves Anchorage at 6:45 am...and they ask you be there by 5:45 am...

There is a bus through a company called ACT that picks up only at a few hotels in downtown and then at the airport, starting its pick-ups around 9:00 am and finally leaving the airport at around 10:30, arriving at the ship around 1:00...cost $48 per person...

Last time, we used a company called Seward Bus Co. They picked up at our hotel in a van and made a stop for a visit at the Wildlife Center (admission included) and also arrived at the ship around 1:00 pm...Cost $70 per person...

When we go again in June, we'll likely take one of those last two options (it's under current debate with the others we are traveling with) --even though our pick-up with ACT would be at 9:00--9:15 and we'd waste a lot of time waiting for other pick-ups...

Angela, you may not be aware but there is an entire ports of call board dedicated to Alaska and that is the Alaska Ports Of Call Board and a lot of experts on that board who do not look at the West Coast (mainly California, Washington ) board so I would recommend posting this on that board at:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=55

Keith

The problem I have with the train is that it leaves Anchorage at 6:45 am...and they ask you be there by 5:45 am...

There is a bus through a company called ACT that picks up only at a few hotels in downtown and then at the airport, starting its pick-ups around 9:00 am and finally leaving the airport at around 10:30, arriving at the ship around 1:00...cost $48 per person...

Last time, we used a company called Seward Bus Co. They picked up at our hotel in a van and made a stop for a visit at the Wildlife Center (admission included) and also arrived at the ship around 1:00 pm...Cost $70 per person...

When we go again in June, we'll likely take one of those last two options (it's under current debate with the others we are traveling with) --even though our pick-up with ACT would be at 9:00--9:15 and we'd waste a lot of time waiting for other pick-ups...

Steve,

Thank you for all this information, it's great to have someone who has done this before and you're right 5.45 does sound a little early.

We will have a look at all the options and make a decision.

Angela

Angela, you may not be aware but there is an entire ports of call board dedicated to Alaska and that is the Alaska Ports Of Call Board and a lot of experts on that board who do not look at the West Coast (mainly California, Washington ) board so I would recommend posting this on that board at:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=55

Keith

Keith,

Thank you I wasn't aware, I scrolled down until I found the West Coast Departures board and thought that was right place. There's so much information on these boards that it is not always easy to find so it's great to have an expert point me in the right direction. Thanks again.

Angela

I'd just like to thank everyone for their replies which we have found enlightening, we're from the UK so everything will be new and exciting.

After reading everyone's opinions and looking into all of the options Mike has decided that he'd really like to take the Alaska Railroad up, yes it's an early start but hopefully we'll get an early start on our Alaskan wildlife viewing, it will also mean that we are into Seward at just after 11.00 am which calms my need to be there early.

Again, thank you all for your help.

Angela

Keith,

Thank you I wasn't aware, I scrolled down until I found the West Coast Departures board and thought that was right place. There's so much information on these boards that it is not always easy to find so it's great to have an expert point me in the right direction. Thanks again.

Angela

Angela you are very welcome.

It takes awhile to learn about all the board on CC.

Do check out the Alaska Ports of Call Board though as there is a wealth of information over there about Alaska.

Keith