Trolley

SPCSC

Follow-up to my question: I phoned Island Transit in Galveston. She said we can bring luggage onto the trolley or bus, but it must not block the aisle or take up empty seats. Either you must sit at the back or have the ability to put suitcases on your lap if the vehicle fills up. Probably not a great option then unless traveling with carry on only.

Follow-up to my question: I phoned Island Transit in Galveston. She said we can bring luggage onto the trolley or bus, but it must not block the aisle or take up empty seats. Either you must sit at the back or have the ability to put suitcases on your lap if the vehicle fills up. Probably not a great option then unless traveling with carry on only.

Just so everyone is clear; This is in reference to the Trolley Buses currently in use in Galveston. The actual rail trolley is not yet functioning. The rail cars are still being refurbished and are expected back in May/June 2018. It is unclear when exactly the rail system will be back up and running.

• 3 weeks later...

Galveston Trolley has two routes, one running both ways along the seawall from the airport area to the east end park. You can transfer at around 19th to the trolley that runs up to the Strand (two blocks from pier). Costs $1 and free transfer. We were there a week ago. The trolley looks like a rail trolley car and really isn't suitable for luggage (high narrow entrance). Great for getting around, though. Runs about every 20 minutes. In our case it was only about half full, mostly locals. Wood seats are kind of rough on the back.