Live from Silversea Muse

ladymadeline

Hi all! Just boarded Muse for our first, ever Silversea cruise. We’ve been on five Regent cruises in the past, so we’re anxious to compare notes. So far, we’re impressed. Other than a little confusion at the Santiago airport as to which transfer was ours, we thought embarkation was very well done in Valparaiso. No lines, lunch available as soon as we boarded and luggage in our suite by 2:00 pm. Our butler, Janice, came to greet us and noted our preferences for toiletries as well as mini bar. She noted everything in a notebook and left us her card.

I immediately found the library and took one book. As you’d expect, other guests were taking more than one, sometimes five or six books. (This is a pet peeve of mine...wish folks would borrow only what they’ll realistically read in the next few days...oh well.)

Some have mentioned not liking the overall brown tones of Muse. I’d rather call it fifty shades of taupe...but she is shiny and new. Tonight we have dinner at the Grill as the weather is fair. There are 18 of us traveling together. Our travel agent made reservations for us in the dining venues (mostly in groups of 6)...so we’ll see how that works out. Tomorrow we booked our own excursion to a vineyard before sail away at 18:00 hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for your first impressions! We sail on the Muse in April. One question I have for you: is there a table or desk for a woman to put on her make up? Also, is there a makeup mirror that I can move to the vanity area in the cabin (if there is one)?

Thanks so much for your feedback.

Mom C

One question I have for you: is there a table or desk for a woman to put on her make up? Also, is there a makeup mirror that I can move to the vanity area in the cabin (if there is one)?

Mom C

Mom C,

Check out the topic you started yesterday in this forum for the answers you seek to your questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ladymadeline, when we were aboard the Muse in September/October there was no actual library. Only a relatively few books in the Tor's Observation Lounge forward on deck 11. Is there now a real library as on the other Silversea ships?

Have a great cruise![/

I'm sure the library is still in the Obs Lounge but hopefully with more books now. When I was on the Muse in Dec, I commented on the poor selection and half empty cupboards and was assured by Jimmy that a whole lot more books were on order and should be on board imminently.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Lady Mad,

Thanks for taking the time to post; those of us between cruises and suffering withdrawal follow along eagerly.

I think you have Vicki as CD - I shall be interested to hear if she copes with a larger ship.

And Spins - yo ho ho and a TA in September! Revising the countries that border Zimbabwe ...

Thanks for your first impressions! We sail on the Muse in April. One question I have for you: is there a table or desk for a woman to put on her make up? Also, is there a makeup mirror that I can move to the vanity area in the cabin (if there is one)?

Thanks so much for your feedback.

Mom C

There is a desk area next to the mini fridge and you'd have to either bring the mirror from the bathroom out there...or, as I recommend, bring your own mirror. The one in the bathroom is NOT a magnifier, nor is it lighted. I'm glad I brought a mini-travel mirror as it's the only way I can put on eye liner! LOL!

:)

Ladymadeline, when we were aboard the Muse in September/October there was no actual library. Only a relatively few books in the Tor's Observation Lounge forward on deck 11. Is there now a real library as on the other Silversea ships?

Have a great cruise!

You're right...no real library, only the Tor's Observation Lounge books. Pretty scant selection.