Unlimited Internet Platinum/Elite ?

Johhno

Hi all,

Just following a post from the US site and see there is mention of

"unlimited Internet for Platinum & Elite ".

Anyone heard of this before or would it have been a special perk/bonus for this cruise ?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2588267

(post 6)

Cheers

Johhno

Edited by Johhno
Add info

It's something to do with the Medallion rollout. Only on Regal, and may be only for a limited time.

Maybe a 'sweetener' due to issues with Ocean Medallion rollout.:cool:

But at the end of the day how much free internet does one require, the boss and I never use up our Elite internet allowance. But then we don't hit the ship's putters every day, just check E mails.

Maybe a 'sweetener' due to issues with Ocean Medallion rollout.:cool:

But at the end of the day how much free internet does one require, the boss and I never use up our Elite internet allowance. But then we don't hit the ship's putters every day, just check E mails.

With the way technology is going it wont be long before free unlimited wifi will be standard on all the newbuilds.

Do you think.

I think it’s too Mic of a revenue stream for that.

At the moment perhaps...but gee , you even get free wi fi at McDonalds now. Granted satellite connection at sea is expensive......(or so they say).... but its dropping,dropping dropping in price almost daily.

The wholesale price of satellite internet access may be dropping but generally cruise lines use it as a golden opportunity to rip pax off with exhorbitant per min pricing for pathetically slow internet because they are too miserable to pay for adequate band width, and blame the alleged high satellite costs.

The wholesale price of satellite internet access may be dropping but generally cruise lines use it as a golden opportunity to rip pax off with exhorbitant per min pricing for pathetically slow internet because they are too miserable to pay for adequate band width, and blame the alleged high satellite costs.

They are not ripping me off, I am quite happy with the free internet that they provide.:D