Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Bon voyage Terry! Have a wonderful time!

Appreciate the great send-off from Spins. We are in the British Airways Business Lounge at Chicago O'Hare. Not that big or fancy. BUT, we are the only two people here now!! Wow!! Having this type of space is nice. No hot foods available now, but there are sandwiches, soup, wine, chips, unlimited Internet, etc. We are happy!! But would much prefer some of Jeff's tasty treats here. Can you send here quick??

Enjoying the quiet!! Much better than being out in the main and noisy terminal. A little less than three hours till we fly away with Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong. Only a 15-hour 50 minute flight. Have any others experienced that long a flight and can you offer any key tips?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Just finished June 2017 sailing from Portugal to France along the scenic Atlantic Coast, plus great pre- and post-cruise experiences. Many interesting pictures and details on history, food, culture, etc., from my live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

Edited by TLCOhio

Mouth watering food again...Have little appetite right now but need to lose weight so well done Jeff!!

That's a lovely photo of Chris JP....glad you had fun.

Pleased to hear Lois is recovering well....

Wishing Terry a fabulous trip.....M loved your Funny for the day....if we had snow like that the country would grind to a halt......we had a slight covering this morning but it thankfully turned to rain.

Work continues at the building site in the morning...it's all coming along very well but very tiring.....

Happy Day 😊

Happy building Soapy ... and happy and safe travel Terry!

The diet will be under stress this week as I've just finished my Monday to Thursday orderings for deliverings, which will hopefully include

stuffed pork shoulder with crackling, red cabbage. brussels and dumplings;

beouf bourgignon pie with veggies;

some spicy babyback pork ribs with coleslaw and croquet pots; and

some ginger chilli spatchcock chicken with whatever moves me on the day ....

I do love menu planning.

Thanks Jeff....oh this weeks menu sounds fabulous.....I'm struggling with food right now as my routine of eating at lunch time is all out.....the builders bring their own lunchbox but l can't relax while they're in and out all the time....I'm hoping that now we are through to next door they'll use that end more. 😊

happy and safe travel Terry!

The diet will be under stress this week as I've just finished my Monday to Thursday orderings for deliverings, which will hopefully include stuffed pork shoulder with crackling, red cabbage. brussels and dumplings; beouf bourgignon pie with veggies; some spicy babyback pork ribs with coleslaw and croquet pots; and some ginger chilli spatchcock chicken with whatever moves me on the day .... I do love menu planning.

WOW!! Jeff's dining menu sounds wonderful. I will check with Cathay Pacific to see if they can divert our plane to London. Or, I will challenge them to match your great menu offerings. Looking forward to the pictures of the finished dishes.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Panama Canal? Completed Feb. 28-Mar. 15, 2017, Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco adventure through the Panama Canal with our first stops in Colombia, Central America and Mexico, plus added time in the great Golden Gate City. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! Those visuals start on the second page, post #26. See more at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2465580

J...your menu planning looks stellar! So much imagination and creativity! YUM!

Miss S. hope things continue to motor along with your reno. It's difficult to be truly comfortable with disruption and people in your space.

A little less than three hours till we fly away with Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong. Only a 15-hour 50 minute flight. Have any others experienced that long a flight and can you offer any key tips? [/font][/color]

Yeah, we've done ATL-JNB which is that long. It made us a little stir crazy by the end. We've also done LAX-SYD and Aukland-LAX. Bill offers good advice. Maybe some day I'll just give up and do that...

Seriously though. It's hard to occupy yourself for so long. You can't really sleep more than half of that time and there's nothing to see but ocean. I remember eating dinner, having lots of wine, sleeping what felt like a long time, and waking up to realize we weren't even halfway there yet! Ugh.

We'll see how we do in March when we go to Australia again. Maybe it will be better. Maybe not. Good luck Terry!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Yeah, we've done ATL-JNB which is that long. It made us a little stir crazy by the end. We've also done LAX-SYD and Aukland-LAX. Bill offers good advice. Maybe some day I'll just give up and do that...

Seriously though. It's hard to occupy yourself for so long. You can't really sleep more than half of that time and there's nothing to see but ocean. I remember eating dinner, having lots of wine, sleeping what felt like a long time, and waking up to realize we weren't even halfway there yet! Ugh.

We'll see how we do in March when we go to Australia again. Maybe it will be better. Maybe not. Good luck Terry!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

FWIW we have been doing 14 hours each way to Singapore, sometimes three returns a year and until a few years ago with the added 8+ hours on to Sydney.

Our rules are straightforward. Always set your watch to destination time and behave at that time. Ensure you arrive at the destination tired so that first night local time you sleep like a log. It is easier to keep awake if you are tired than to sleep if you are well slept and wide awake. This ensures minimum jetlag.

We have friends who have a few days before departure on destination time and say they never have jet lag but we haven’t tried it. Sounds too hard to me.

I find it difficult to sleep on a plane and have resorted to sleeping tablets at times, although not in the last few years. I do take one on the first night in our destination after a long walk. A new person next day and ready to go.

It always amuses me when on a daylight flight, domestically as well, when the shades are put down and lights off, people obediently settle down and sleep!

My husband is usually asleep before takeoff, but I think that is like a relaxation routine.

Just short of 15h to Doha next September. Not looking forward to that.

Aw phooey.....guess the Jags will have to wait for next year. Hoping that either the Vikings or the Eagles can bump the Pats off in the SB. (giggle!)

WHOEVER wins the NFC game.......I hope they beat the Patriots..........we were so close:(

So upsetting.

Wanted Jags to win.

Game was theirs to win.

And on to Monday.

May it be a wonderful day for all with great experiences and goodness.

Each day is a gift.

I know.......we were so close:(

Greetings All.....

Sorry the game didn't go well for the fans....I'm not a very sporty person!

Some interesting ideas for long haul flying....fifteen hours was my longest which included a stop over...my routine is the same...a few drinks then sleep and I'm lucky that l can sleep on a plane which is good as l can never settle enough to watch a movie or even listen to music!

We now have a blank canvas on the building site in readiness for the plumbing and electrics to go ahead afterwhich it will be plastering....followed by the exciting bit of decor, carpeting and furniture....that's the bit l love!

Farm shop steak and ale pie for luncheon with hand cut chips......comfort food on a very dull and dreary day!

😊

Greetings Coolers! As mentioned yesterday we are expecting freezing rain today into tomorrow. I stumbled on a video that portrays the challenges faced after such an event. For those unfamiliar with the joys of freezing rain: Have a great day all!