bicycling in Warmenunde

jclem

there are six adults all in our late 50's. and normal athletic ability. We can play a round of golf, but probably not hike ten miles up a mountain. We are interested in renting bikes or E bikes in Warmenunde and pedaling around the beaches and trails. Any advice? Do I need to bring my own bike lock if we stop for lunch.. etc? Any advice is appreciated.

My spouse and I (late 50's/early 60's at the time) rented bikes in Warnemuende a couple of years ago on a Baltic cruise and had a fabulous time. We rode on the dedicated bike trail along the coastline to Kuehlungsborn, a distance of about 24 km. The views were amazing and for much of the way, we had the trail to ourselves.

At the time, I found references to two places to rent bicycles. They are located at: 1) Alexandrinenstrasse 117 (2 blocks from the Tourist Information Office) and 2) Muhlenstrasse 35 (a 6-minute walk from the Tourist Information Office) Look for signs for "Fahrradverleih"--that's "bicycle rental" in German.

The bike rentals were 9 or 10 euros per day and included a bike helmet, but you will probably have to ask for one. Having lived in Germany for a few years, I know Germans do not wear helmets as much as Americans do--I never ride without my helmet--and the clerk was a bit surprised when we asked for them. And, I think the bikes came equipped with locks, but we didn't stop for lunch, so I'm not sure. You can email the above bike rental offices at the following address and ask: info@fahrradverlieh-warnemuende.de

Before going on this cruise, I had read that you had to have your passport to rent a bicycle and it was absolutely true. So, TAKE YOUR PASSPORT!!!!!!

Have fun!

Edited by GradUT