Dining Reservations?

cambriah

Hi All:

We will be taking our first river cruise in March and traveling with four other family members.

We will be with AMA Waterways. My question is this:

Will our group be permitted to make reservations for six, or is seating done on a first come, first served basis?

Also, I understand that we will be having dinner at a special table (Captain's) one evening. Can we go as a group of 6 to this event?

on our last AMA trip we were traveling with 2 other couples. One couple were on there first AMA trip, one couple on their second and we were on our third. We were invited to the Captain's table the others were not. It is one of the perks of 3 or more cruises with them. There were no reservations at meals, but also no problem finding a table for the 6 of us. We also decided that we would only really try to sit together at dinner. The other 2 meals, especially breakfast were more difficult to eat together. It also gave us a chance to meet others o the trip. Don't forget about the specialty restaurant. There is only one menu for the trip, so pick a day and enjoy.

Pat

• 5 weeks later...
Hi All:

We will be taking our first river cruise in March and traveling with four other family members.

We will be with AMA Waterways. My question is this:

Will our group be permitted to make reservations for six, or is seating done on a first come, first served basis?

Also, I understand that we will be having dinner at a special table (Captain's) one evening. Can we go as a group of 6 to this event?

Hi,

Just booked our 3rd AMA cruise. Dinner is one seating & usually last 2+/- hrs- service is NOT slow just multiple courses and excellent food & they want you to enjoy your meal

Make reservations for the Chef's Table ASAP

Have a great trip

Carole

At the end of the Cruise Director's preview of the next day's activities (in the Lounge above the dining room), send one person from your group to line up outside the dining room -- they can easily secure a table for 6.