Live Machu Picchu (pre cruise), Mariner Lima to Buenos Aires 23 Jan -13 February

WesW

Thnaks for all the great photos and commentary. It brings back such wonderful memories. The HB train was not running when we went as they had shut down for the worst of the rainy season. I envy your opportunity to travel on it. Loved the Sanctuary and our entire trip at MP. Not likely to ever get back but it is definitely one of our top trips.

We were there 5 years ago and at that time they told us it was only going to get more and more restrictive as they move to balance the economics with perserving the site.

Wonderful three hour hike to and from inkipinktu (Sungate) this beautiful sunny Machupicchu morning.

Our terrific kuoda guide Ofelia led the way

We take the vista dome train back to Cusco after another delish meal here at belmond sanctuary lodge

Tonight we will stay at the belmond Nazarenes in Cusco then fly to Lima tomorrow

00d93a184655642596f0d8572e904536.jpg

ff5db37b4f0070ffc7b9e7e313898db0.jpg

7073614fd595621c07d70a8ef9996116.jpg

33cb3b480ebc8d120e441662e20c6257.jpg

Ida and holding huayna Picchu since we missed hiking there today

55a9b38834bffc657b3888c238836b80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by WesW

No worries Marc hope y’all have wonderful weather for your visit to the citadel. We met two mariner couples booked and our cruise. And briefly saw Ralph in the belmond sanctuary lodge dining room

We are now spending our night in another spectacular Belmond property. We stayed in the Presidential suite in the Belmond Monasterio Friday night and were wowed. Did not think the Belmond Palacious Nazarenes would top the Monasterio—-wrong we are also staying in this property’s top suite the Nazarenes suite. Ida said let’s forget the cruise and just stay here.

Thanks you Kuoda Travel for our making our stay in Peru truly Amazing with our hotel suites, you top notch guides of Jason and Ofelia and drivers Daniel and Juan and for sharing your beautiful country and your treasure Machu Picchu with us.

Imagine coming into you suite that looks like the photos below, having a bountiful complementary cheese plate coupled with generous pours of the complementary Nazarenes bourbon (we could have had Pisco) The suite comes with Aromatica pillows (three different scents) and we have two bed warmer bottles wrapped in a teddy bear outfit in our gigantic bed. The gorgeous bathroom also is special having a thermostat for the heated tile floor.

79dbe1f58a230284fb6e195e7e83bce9.jpg

35b42b4f348f7e821339eb4d2dc73998.jpg

ae60bf304fafd2618ea10d246639ff66.jpg

5baa3d0bb3f03c5f2e7748295a3f2a54.jpg

31cb7d85675766bea1bb2cd53c4a5a7d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm late to the party, again! I just spent an hour back tracking and getting caught up. WOW isn't a serious enough word! This looks like a trip of a lifetime! Thank you so much for taking us along. I'll stay caught up now! Looking forward to the next installment. Thanks to all who are participating in the blog......fabulous job!

Linda

Thank you very much. My husband and I get off the Mariner tomorrow morning and than it’s a flight to Cusco and we check into the belmond Nazarenes for three nights before we head to Mp. I hope we get those cute hit water bottles! Enjoyed your comments. If I can add to them I will. Captjohn, I booked our tour with Belmond, so I will post if there are any suggestions that may be helpful for you. Off to bed and a big day tomorrow with some coca tea perhaps.

Forgap, WoW is absolutely right..and did u see we were serenaded with an Andean Harpist during breakfast the next morning.

Alancao...so nice to hear from you Alan, thanks for your kind words.

Jctdlt...we liked our warm teddy’s so much we now are sleeping with them at the Hilton Miraflores...not.

Mudhen—-your so kind words are the fire that keeps the posts coming—thanks so much.

Iriswitchey—u will love the Nazarenes—if u brought y’alls swimsuits the pool is divine and heated to over 80 degrees. There is an ATM just across the small plaza from Naza (about 50 ft, if u need to get some Soles for tips).

DoyouseewhatIsea; thank you.

Liptastic; just paying forward what posters like you do when your on board—we enjoy your delightful posts too.

NCCruzQueen; thanks Beth...darn wish y’all had not canx’d your original booking we would all be having a blast.

Well seasoned; Dieter our very special Silveresea friend, wrong service doctor (err mean Navy Doc who then served at Cleveland Clinic) so nice to see you posting on the Regent Thread. Your medical advice was top notch—only downside of taking Diamonds was sparkling water tasted awful—beer and Pisco sours (after 3 days) were OK tho [emoji4]

Zquueez1; like I said above with Jean/Liptastic we are just paying Regent thread posting forward like passsionate posters like Pam and you do sharing your on board experience with us.

We embark in about six hours...have first workout to do here at Hilton then enjoy a swim on their rooftop pool. We hope to meet a couple of cruise critic (other board) members (Marq and jpr) for lunch today—we have know Marc & Arlene and Olivia (both Titantium Regent sailors) for over a decade digitally.

Next post should be while we are on the Mariner—woohoo [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So excited for you! We fly out tomorrow and are now in the throws of all the last minute details. Rich plans to "set the table" for our joint blog tomorrow so I can add my 2 cents worth about our arrival in Singapore. Your blog thus far has been the best ever! Your photos were fantastic. Cusco and the Sacred Valley hold a special place in my heart. We had a fabulous trip but not quite as luxe as yours! You are my role model, so, next time we'll go whole hog!

Thank you very much. My husband and I get off the Mariner tomorrow morning and than it’s a flight to Cusco and we check into the belmond Nazarenes for three nights before we head to Mp. I hope we get those cute hit water bottles! Enjoyed your comments. If I can add to them I will. Captjohn, I booked our tour with Belmond, so I will post if there are any suggestions that may be helpful for you. Off to bed and a big day tomorrow with some coca tea perhaps.

Coca tea refreshing. Seemed to help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We’re onboard the Mariner at 11:20am. First time in over a dozen regent cruises we drove right up to gangway. Check in begins at noon yippie

Also know we r onboard a regent ship as internet is so slow can’t post photos yet

We’re onboard the Mariner at 11:20am. First time in over a dozen regent cruises we drove right up to gangway. Check in begins at noon yippie

Also know we r onboard a regent ship as internet is so slow can’t post photos yet

:) So true about the internet! I am enjoying your posts and pictures and look forward to many more. We board the Mariner April 4 and look foward to seeing the results of her time in dry dock. Have a wonderful cruise!

Wow! That's amazing. When we boarded in Lima our driver was not even allowed onto port property as it was heavily guarded. Long hot walk toting our own luggage.

Have a wonderful cruise! Hope you make it into the Falklands, it's a highlight.