Tampa Hotels near Port and cushion for return

traveler2100

We plan on arriving in Tampa the day before our Carnival cruise.

Looking for suggestions for nearby hotels that will provide, or arrange to provide transfer to the terminal.

We like Holiday inn properties if at all possible.

I see one on Clearwater beach but is that too far from the port?

This is our first cruise out of Tampa and we have never been there.

and---If we book a return flight at about noon is that pushing it or would a later flight be smarter?

Pull up Google maps - Clearwater is a LONG way from the port of Tampa.

Several hotels in the Rocky Point area that offer both airport and port shuttles - Chase Suites, Hampton, etc.

Hotels closest to the Port include Marriott and Embassy suites, Hotels close to the airport are only a $25 cab ride from the port -- lots of shopping and dining options, including International Mall, are near the airport.

Agree...Clearwater is a LONG from the port. It has been a few years since we sailed out of Tampa, but when we did we stayed at an a Intercontinental Hotel, which has since been rebranded as “The Westshore Grand” (a Sheraton property). Though I can’t provide recent comment on rate or experience...I can share that it is about 6 mi from the port or a 10-15 min drive depending on traffic. It is also close to a shopping mall and several restaurant options within a block of the hotel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just booked at Hampton Inn Tampa International. Free airport and port shuttles and complimentary parking for up to 7 days. Very affordable compared to some of the other places that provided "packages".

There is a Holiday Inn at Rocky Point near the Tampa airport. We have stayed there before, I will be there this Wed. They have a free shuttle from the airport & also a shuttle to the port for a charge, $15.00 to $20.00 per person. Right next door is a great place to eat, it is easy for people without a vehicle.

The Courtyard Marriott Downtown Tampa has a cruise package with both airport and cruise terminal transportation.

do they pick you up at FLL airport when flying in ? do they have a shuttle for the following morning ? Just need a little info, thank you

do they pick you up at FLL airport when flying in ? do they have a shuttle for the following morning ? Just need a little info, thank you

Sorry, I thought we were talking about Tampa (TPA) airport.:confused:

If we are talking about TPA, they will pick you up at the airport the night before and take you to the cruise ship the next morning.

If we are talking about FLL, please disregard.

Sorry, I thought we were talking about Tampa (TPA) airport.:confused:

If we are talking about TPA, they will pick you up at the airport the night before and take you to the cruise ship the next morning.

If we are talking about FLL, please disregard.

Yes I made a boo boo...talking about TPA hotels

Uber for under $20 for the car is a better option than a $15 per person shuttle. ;)

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who live in areas where Uber aren't available and have reservations trying something new. I know I need to branch out & try new things but I am more comfortable using tried & true methods of travel.

We plan on arriving in Tampa the day before our Carnival cruise.

Looking for suggestions for nearby hotels that will provide, or arrange to provide transfer to the terminal.

We like Holiday inn properties if at all possible.

I see one on Clearwater beach but is that too far from the port?

This is our first cruise out of Tampa and we have never been there.

and---If we book a return flight at about noon is that pushing it or would a later flight be smarter?

My Personal Cruise Consultant at Holland said Holland wouldn't book flights before 1030. Anything after that would be fine.

I've made reservations at the Hyatt Place Tampa Airport. They do provide a shuttle to from the airport. Actually, any place withing 2 miles. I plan on taking Uber to the Port.

Here's a useful link: You can input directly locations like Tampa Airport, cruise terminal, name of hotel.

https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/

According to this estimator, the Uber X fare from the hyatt to the port is less than $20 per car.

Well I started my Navy career a couple of years after you were on the USS Saratoga, but if an old dinosaur like me can figure out Uber and Lyft I think you can too! ;)

I know, it will happen someday. We have a cruise out of Jersey in December, that might be a good place to get out of my comfort zone. I dislike sailing out of NY & Jersey, we have done both in the past. I have to do it because I want to sail on the Anthem.