5 Viking Sea Breakfast Venues? Menu Please

harryw

This will be my first Viking cruise. The Sea seems to have

5 breakfast locations. Which have menus? Are they online?

Harry

Viking does not post its menus on-line.

World Cafe, Mamsen's and the Living Room don't actually have printed menus (probably because they don't have table service). World Cafe has an extensive breakfast buffet including cooked to order eggs. The Living Room serves a continental breakfast (i.e., croissants and pastries) and I've never tried breakfast in Mamsen so someone else will have to report on its menu.

Maybe someone who is on board now can snap a photo of The Restaurant's breakfast menu and maybe some photos of what is being served at the World Cafe, Mamsen's and the Living Room.

Mamsen's has wonderful waffles. Fresh berries. Pasteries and hot cereal.

You order your food and take it to the table and a server will bring coffee etc.

The MDR can be slow so allow enough time if you have an excursion....

Room Service was always HOT and timely!!!

I have photos if someone can tell me how to post them - they are on Shutterfly and I'm using a MacBook.

Go to Shutterfly and put all of the photos you want to share with us into a new album and then post a link to the album here. Shutterfly is one of those sites where you do not have to be a member in order to view someone else's pictures. For example, this link should take you to my album of Viking Sea photos: https://photos.shutterfly.com/album/10065940663. Visitors should be able to click on anyone of the images to view full sized, from there you can navigate left and right to page through each of the images at full-size.

If you want to actually post them here, it is a bit more complicated. For each photo that you want to share, you have to go to Shutterfly and get the URL for the individual photo, not for the page it appears on but for the image itself (on a PC, it involves right clicking on the photo/image but I have no idea how to do it on a MAC) and then using the insertimage.gif icon in the CC compose post window to insert it into a post.

Here is an example. I want to post this image of what is available at Mamsen's for lunch and afternoon snack: https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/000093954120/media/11631532360/large/1468276611/enhance. I click on the insertimage.gif icon, then paste the link into the little window that opens and hit enter. If you have the correct URL, the image will appear in the post; if it doesn't appear, you have not gotten the URL for the image (also known as image address or image link).

enhance

Does anyone know the breakfast hours in each venue?

Living Room and Mamsen's start serving hot coffee and pastries at 6:30 am. Living Room keeps serving continental breakfast until it brings out its small selection of lunch plates around 11:30a (similar to what is shown above). Mamsen's expands it menu at 7:30 am and continues serving these breakfast items until 11 am.

Hours in the World Cafe and The Restaurant differ from day to day, from cruise to cruise. World Cafe opens earlier (6:30am or 7 am) and stays open longer (until 9:30am or 10am). On our last cruise, The Restaurant was open from 8am-9:30 am.

Go to Shutterfly and put all of the photos you want to share with us into a new album and then post a link to the album here. Shutterfly is one of those sites where you do not have to be a member in order to view someone else's pictures. For example, this link should take you to my album of Viking Sea photos: https://photos.shutterfly.com/album/10065940663. Visitors should be able to click on anyone of the images to view full sized, from there you can navigate left and right to page through each of the images at full-size.

Sorry. This doesn't work. I just had a chance to try it out and S'fly wanted me to sign in in order to view the album. Looks like they have changed the rules since the last time I invited folks to look at an album. Harryw, if you don't want to post individual pictures here, you can set up a share site on Shutterfly and post the link to it here (not difficult to do ).

I visited the Beyond Ships website fir the first time, but having trouble navigating to find any Viking Sea information. Can someone help?

From this web site, the only Viking ship they profile is Viking Star.

Here is a breakfast menu from the Vinkg Star from 2016, posted on this site.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/restaurant_breakfast_menu_r5.pdf

It makes me hungry for breakfast!:)

also the 2 sides of the world café are not identical. One has donuts or sticky buns alternate days, the other waffles usually. Lunch and dinner also vary on some offerings -pizza, ice cream, cold shrimp, sushi.

• 3 months later...

What are some of the options for Room Service Breakfast? We have a couple of early days and I don't want to worry about getting held up at breakfast. I do have fresh fruit and a couple of eggs every day. I'm hoping we can get get them sent to our room those mornings. I've read about a hang tag to put on my door the night before. Does anyone have a picture or where I can find an image?

Another "thumbs up" for Mamsen's - less crowded than other venues, and yes, waffles are made individually for you.

We love eating breakfast outside (World Cafe) when we're coming into port, assuming it's a decent day. There's more to look at, especially if you're coming into Lisbon, Valletta, Stockholm, Kotor, NYC, or another port/city that has great scenery - more to look at than just your plate of food and traveling partner(s)!

Did someone mention Mamsen's waffles? Yummmmmm [emoji4][emoji39][emoji4]

81c7f6962a3951386a237190ae59fd57.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Arg!!!! Wish I'd ordered one when I had the chance! Now I have to wait until our next VO cruise, which may not be for at least 2 yrs. [emoji26]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums