Tour of ResidenSea?

Bonvoyagemom

Hi everyone-

We live near the Port of Charleston, and I noticed that The World will be docked here for 2 days in October. I would LOVE to tour the ship, but I don't know if that is allowed to respect the owner's privacy.

We would love to be residents on this ship, but we are way too far from retirement to do so anytime soon. But a long term goal if its possible.

Does anyone know if they do tours? Is there a minimum salary requirement just to do a tour? Background check, give up your first born, etc? :)

If you are interested in buying an apt. That is currently for sale you might be able to get a tour, especially if you have a realtor. It is very expensive and I would think a net worth in the 10's of millions would be the minimum that you could manage comfortably. The annual maintenance is over $100,000. I don't know if there is a salary requirement. The ship is around 10 years old and the plan is to operate for up to 50 years. If you are quite a ways from retirement you might want to consider another option, possibly the new Crystal ships that are coming. There will be units for sale on them along with regular cabins. There could be other ships in the works, too.

Hi everyone-

We live near the Port of Charleston, and I noticed that The World will be docked here for 2 days in October. I would LOVE to tour the ship, but I don't know if that is allowed to respect the owner's privacy.

We would love to be residents on this ship, but we are way too far from retirement to do so anytime soon. But a long term goal if its possible.

Does anyone know if they do tours? Is there a minimum salary requirement just to do a tour? Background check, give up your first born, etc? :)

There is a contact us link on their website - http://aboardtheworld.com/have-conversation-residential-advisor

• 2 years later...
If you are interested in buying an apt. That is currently for sale you might be able to get a tour, especially if you have a realtor. It is very expensive and I would think a net worth in the 10's of millions would be the minimum that you could manage comfortably. The annual maintenance is over $100,000. I don't know if there is a salary requirement. The ship is around 10 years old and the plan is to operate for up to 50 years. If you are quite a ways from retirement you might want to consider another option, possibly the new Crystal ships that are coming. There will be units for sale on them along with regular cabins. There could be other ships in the works, too.

Seems that the new Crystal ships are not coming. No sales? No Money? Don't know why. Anyone out there know the reason?