Holland America 2019 World Cruise

• 3 months later...
Does anyone know approximately when HAL will come out with their WC 2019?

Thank you!

In the past it has been announced (usually in April) during the world cruise. It is often not yet "official" as to the ports and it is not on HAL's website nor are any prices given.

Last year one of the passengers on the 2016 WV mentioned it (and posted the proposed itinerary) in his blog. I happened to be on the Westerdam at the time and talked to the Future Cruise Consultant about it. She had not even seen the itinerary yet.

Itinerary and costs for 2018 WV were finally on HAL's website around June 1, 2016.

BTW, the 2018 WV sold out 50 weeks prior to the start of the cruise.

In the past it has been announced (usually in April) during the world cruise. It is often not yet "official" as to the ports and it is not on HAL's website nor are any prices given.

Last year one of the passengers on the 2016 WV mentioned it (and posted the proposed itinerary) in his blog. I happened to be on the Westerdam at the time and talked to the Future Cruise Consultant about it. She had not even seen the itinerary yet.

Itinerary and costs for 2018 WV were finally on HAL's website around June 1, 2016.

BTW, the 2018 WV sold out 50 weeks prior to the start of the cruise.

Thanks Scrapnana!

I thought I would be able to make the 2018 WC on HAL but it didn't work out. I know it looks fabulous and I know you will have a great time. Thanks for the TA info/referral too!

I am looking at 2019; as you have mentioned they book up quick!

Safe sailing. :D

Caron

Thanks Scrapnana!

I thought I would be able to make the 2018 WC on HAL but it didn't work out. I know it looks fabulous and I know you will have a great time. Thanks for the TA info/referral too!

I am looking at 2019; as you have mentioned they book up quick!

Safe sailing. :D

Caron

100s and 100s have pre booked 2019.

• 2 weeks later...
If you're on a Holland American cruise when you book, is your deposit less?

You can't use Future Cruise Deposits on the "Grand" cruises so I doubt you get any break on the deposit. I pre-booked while on Westerdam by putting down $100 (booking was not open yet). When booking opened I had to pay $3400 (to make the $3500 deposit required). Not sure if that amount is for all cabin types or a percentage of my total.

• 2 weeks later...

Average cruise cabin sold, resold 6 times before final booking. I know on Oceania 2015 WC many cancelled. Call HAL, ask for supervisor if agent is not helpful. You go to top of list with deposits.Consider wait listing several categories. I bet the big discount cruise agencies have space; check them out also.

Does HA have a wait list for cabins in case there are cancellations on the 2018 WV? We are so disappointed its full' date=' the itinerary looks awesome![/quote']

Someone posted that there is a long waiting list for the 2018. But it wouldn't hurt to put in a deposit and see what happens. You never know!:D

• 2 weeks later...
Any ideas why 2018 GWV is so popular to be sold out this soon?

I also was surprised that we're sailing away.... posted that hundreds and hundreds have prebooked the 2019 voyage.

Just my guesses...

The 2017 GWV is northern hemisphere only. Some may have waited for 2018 because it is unusual to have a world voyage that does not go to Australia and New Zealand.

The 2018 GWV has 9 African ports. I don't believe that HAL has had that many African ports in a few years.

There will be a Road Scholar group and a Knitting group onboard although neither usually accounts for large numbers of people.

Just my guesses...

The 2017 GWV is northern hemisphere only. Some may have waited for 2018 because it is unusual to have a world voyage that does not go to Australia and New Zealand.

The 2018 GWV has 9 African ports. I don't believe that HAL has had that many African ports in a few years.

There will be a Road Scholar group and a Knitting group onboard although neither usually accounts for large numbers of people.

Thanks for the reply.

I have heard a rumor that the 2018 GWV will be Captain Mercer's final voyage, that he will retire upon its conclusion. The Captain is very well liked and I wonder if that did not have something to do with the rapid, early booking of the cruise.

Thanks for the reply.

I have heard a rumor that the 2018 GWV will be Captain Mercer's final voyage, that he will retire upon its conclusion. The Captain is very well liked and I wonder if that did not have something to do with the rapid, early booking of the cruise.

I hadn't heard that. From what I have read, he is very popular and could draw many who would like to take part in his last cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read this on John & Diane's '17 WC blog:

today the 2019 (tentative) itinerary was distributed. It goes down South America, across the South Pacific, round the usual suspect ports like Singapore, KL, Mumbai, and Aqaba, and then briefly through the Mediterranean before heading to northern European ports like Norway, Ireland, Amsterdam, etc. It's certainly different, and I think a lot of people are pleased with it.

Just read this on John & Diane's '17 WC blog:

today the 2019 (tentative) itinerary was distributed. It goes down South America, across the South Pacific, round the usual suspect ports like Singapore, KL, Mumbai, and Aqaba, and then briefly through the Mediterranean before heading to northern European ports like Norway, Ireland, Amsterdam, etc. It's certainly different, and I think a lot of people are pleased with it.

Sounds like a wonderful itinerary and different enough to attract another sellout.

more details from Bill & MaryAnne's '17WC blog:

Leaving on January 22, it goes westbound through the Panama Canal, then south to Panama, Peru, and Chile. Then it heads to Easter Island, and Pitcairn,followed by French Polynesia and one stop in Tonga. There are four ports in New Zealand, and four stops in Australia. Indonesia has two stops, and Singapore, and Kuala Lumpur are on again. No Hong Kong, though. There is one stop in Sri Lanka, and two ports in India. The port of Muscat is followed by Jordan before transiting the Suez Canal to the Mediterranean. Naples, Barcelona, and Cadiz are on, as well as two stops in Portugal. Now this cruise goes into a different direction that has not been done for many years,if at all. There are stops in Cherbourg,France, Belgium, Amsterdam, and Copenhagen. Then there are two ports in Norway, one in Scotland, and three inIreland. Then it goes transatlantic to Bermuda and finally back to Ft. Lauderdale on May 16th. Quite a different itinerary for sure. No prices yet either. We stayed until the very end, in hopes of hearing if there were plans for a 2018 Asia/Pacific cruise, but it was not announced.

I was able to put down $100/pp for the 2019 WC with my TA yesterday. It's not open for booking yet, but at least we're down for it...bookings will begin late May, she said, then the remainder $3400/pp will be due. (FYI)